t h i r t y - f o u r

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"tomioka-san."

"tomioka-san."

"tomioka-san, why are you ignoring me?"

"are you still mad about what i said just now?"

...

"are you planning on staying quiet for the rest of the day? doesn't that get tiring?"

...

"i wonder what [y/n]-san likes about you."

...

the insect pillar let out a sigh, shaking her head slightly. they had just completed their own mission and was making their way back when they bumped into each other. much to giyuu's dismay. he was hoping to have a quiet walk back home.

"you know, the day before [y/n]-san's birthday, her little brother, ayumu, was it?" she started speaking again. "he asked me an interesting question. would you like to know what it was?" shinobu asked, tilting her head to the side as she watched the water pillar's face for a change in expression.

but she got nothing. as expected.

"he said, 'hino-san, what's leukaemia?'" shinobu quoted. "did you know?"

"...why are you telling me this?"

"ah! you're finally talking!"

"was that a lie? just to get me to talk?" giyuu asked, frowning at her.

"of course not! i would never lie about something like that," she shook her head. "i just find it a little sad. he's sick and he doesn't even know it."

"so? did you tell him?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"then, hino-san, what's leukemia?"

"hm? why do you ask?"

"i heard my sister talking about it the other night with mio-san. is it bad?"

the pillar stayed quiet for a while before answering. "hmm," she hummed, pretending to be deep in thought. "are you sure that's what she said? i've never heard of that word before. perhaps you misheard."

"eh? oh well, maybe... she was whispering, i couldn't really hear much but it sounded like that and she was really upset too."