t w e n t y - e i g h t

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

after taking the medications and resting for a few more days, the fever finally went away. but now there was a new problem—

"my nose is going to fall off..!"

"you're so dramatic."

"i'm not!"

"ayumu! keep the tissue there, you're gonna drip blood all over the place!"

"i'm going to cry."

"what??"

and much to your dismay, he starts crying.

right after you recovered, ayumu had fallen sick. no surprise there, he kept on clinging to your side when you were unwell. you must've passed it to him.

"ayumu, stop crying," you sighed, sitting down in front of him.

"it hurts..!"

"what hurts?" you asked, taking the bloodied tissue away from him and replacing it with a new one to prevent the blood from dripping onto the floor. his nose have been bleeding for the pass ten minutes and it was starting to get on your brother's nerves.

"i don't know, it just hurts!" he cried, "and the medicines aren't working at all! i hate this!"

despite giving ayumu medications to help ease the fever he has been having for the pass three days, it never went down.

"alright, we'll go see a doctor tomorrow morning okay?" you wiped his tears away, "try to get some sleep tonight, drink more water too."

"...okay..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"it's really cold..." ayumu mumbled, rubbing at his nose. his skin was very pale and his fever had not gotten any better. he didn't managed to get much sleep last night, so he was feeling very tired right now.

"we're almost there, okay?" you held onto his hand as the two of you made your way to the village to see the doctor.

"mm... i don't feel like going to the doctor," ayumu muttered, tightening his grasp on your hand. "m' scared."

"it's nothing, we'll just talk to him and see how to make you feel better."

"... but what if—"

"we can have yakito—"

"okay!"

... that was easy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"hello there little boy, you must be ayumu, come take a seat," the man gave him a small smile, gesturing to the chair in front of him.

ayumu gave you a side glance, before hesitantly taking a seat.

taking a piece of paper and a pen, the doctor began asking ayumu questions about how he was feeling for the pass few days. and when he didn't know how to answer the questions, you'd help him out. once the doctor got all the information he needed, he told you what was needed to be done.

"unfortunately, to make sure he doesn't have any serious illness, we're going to have to do a blood test."

"oh," you glanced down at ayumu. he had been staring at the floor the entire time, fiddling with the scarf around his neck as he bit on his bottom lip.

"ayumu, are you okay with—"

"no."

"ah."

the doctor chuckled at the boy's answer, "that's fine. then for now i'll prescribe him with some medications to help with the fever, if he's still sick by the end of this week, please do come back."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"see, it wasn't that bad," you said as you and ayumu made your way back home.

"he called me little boy," ayumu replied, his voice muffled because of the yakitori. "he was going to take my blood too. and you were going to allow it..."

"it's just to make sure you're okay," you sighed, shaking your head at how dramatic your brother is.

"... my blood is very precious to me," he mumbled, shaking his head as well.

"well then, you better hope you get well soon before the week ends, cause if you don't—"

"la la la la la la la la la!" with his hands covering his ears, the boy ran away from you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

this took me way too long to write,,, erm anyway, next chapter will be out tomorrow :D !