n i n e

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you woke up to the sound of your mother's aggressive coughs.

the sky was still dark outside, telling you that it was probably really early in the morning.

you quickly made your way over to her, helping her sit up. you rubbed her back in an attempt to reduce her coughs. your mother lifted a hand up, pointing to the kitchen.

you immediately knew what she wanted, making your way to the kitchen. you poured her a cup of water.

"here," you sat next to her, handing the cup of water over. she let out a relieved sigh, placing the now empty cup down on the floor.

"i'll go get a doctor for you, okay? just hang on a little longer," you explained to her.

she gave you a small nod, not able to speak.

after making breakfast, you placed the warm porridge in front of your mother, and placing another bowl of it on the table for ayumu.

"i'll be back soon," you called back, putting on your shoes as you got ready to leave.

"caw! caw! letter for-"

"not now, not now," you waved the crow away, you quickly closed the door and left the house.

the sun had raised by now as you made your way back to the small town to find a doctor for your mother.

it was hard to find one these days. even though there was a good amount of doctors in that town, none of them was willing to treat your mother. the only reason they refused to do so was because they would have to travel to your house in order to treat her.

your mother was too sick to get out of bed, so bringing her to see a doctor was impossible. you had to find a doctor who was willing to go over to help her.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

after hours of searching for a healer. you have managed to find one of them. though you could tell that she was really busy. she had informed you that she'll only be able to do so tomorrow. you glady accepted it. writing down where you lived on a paper, you thanked her and left.

on your way back home, you managed to buy ayumu's favourite ramen.

"i'm home!" you announced, stepping into the house.

"hey ayumu, i got lunch for you," you placed the ramen on the table in front of him.

his eyes lit up at the sight of his favourite food. "ah! thank you!"

you then made your way into your mother's room, checking up on her.

"i found someone who can treat you, she said she'll come by tomorrow in the afternoon," you explained.

"that's... good... thank you [y/n]..." your mother gave you a weak smile.

"it's no problem, i'll go make some soup for you now," you stood up and left the room, giving your mother space to rest.