t h i r t y - t w o

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"it's so crowded today..." you mumbled and just as you finished your sentence, someone had bumped into you, causing you to stumble to the side a little.

you felt his hand wrapping around your arm to prevent you from falling down.

"are you kidding me? that's the fifth time," you groaned in annoyance.

"there's a festival going on later tonight, that's probably why it's so packed here," giyuu stated, letting go of your arm when you regained your balanced.

"a festival? i'd like to go! what time does it start?"

"i don't know, we can wait around if you want," giyuu shrugged.

and so the two of you spent the rest of the evening walking around the streets until the festival started.

and when it did, you were immediately drawn to the foods.

"ohhh! yakisoba!" you exclaimed, running towards a stall that sold said noodles.

"they used to be my favourite when i was a kid, it's been quite long since i've last had some!" you quickly made your way towards the stall, purchasing a bowl of yakisoba for yourself.

you offered giyuu some, but he simply rejected it.

oh well, his loss.

"oh wow! it's mochi!" you smiled at the familiar sight of your childhood food. "hello! five mochi please!"

"are those steamed buns?"

"i should probably get some yakitori for ayumu too."

"karaage? i've never tried them before, is it good?"

"they have taiyaki too!"

as you went from stall to stall, purchasing the different foods being sold, giyuu had kept your hand in his grasp to avoid losing you in the crowd as you kept disappearing from his sight every time you spot a new food stall.

"the food was great!" you tiredly stated, starting to get a little worn out from all the walking. the sun too, was starting to set.

"okay, shall we go have dinner now?"

"... you're still hungry?"

"it's a different stomach now, lets go!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"i heard there's going to be fireworks later tonight, wanna go watch it together?" you asked, finishing the last mouth of your dinner. "what for?" he replied with his usual nonchalant tone.

"no reason, just asking."

"okay."

"okay? like yes?"

"yeah."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

it was five minutes before the fireworks, both you and giyuu found yourselves a seat next to each other. the place was, as expected, filled with people, mostly couples and groups of kids.

"there's too many people here," giyuu muttered under his breath.

"oh, we can leave if you want to-"

"it's fine."

"oh okay."

...

well this is awkward.

you let out a sigh, looking up at the sky, it was a nice mixture of black and blue with a few stars scattered around. behind the clouds was the moon, slightly peeking over, giving the surrounding area a nice glow.

the moon looks beautiful tonight.

"[y/n]."

"hm?" you hummed, shifting your gaze away from the sky to meet his eyes. and just as he opened his mouth to speak, the loud explosion of the first firework went off, preventing you from hearing him.

"eh? i'm sorry, i didn't hear you, what did you say?" you asked, leaning in a little closer.

you heard a soft sigh leaving his lips as he closed his eyes. a small, almost unnoticeable smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he softly shook his head.

"never mind, it's nothing."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

i updated 😧❓

anyway sorry for the long wait </3