9. Home

AMELIA

I was revising my maths yearly papers when I heard the front door close

"Lia! I'm home!"

"Hi Mom!" I shouted back, even though she probably couldn't hear me because I was on the second level.

Okay, just one more question before I head down.

If 2.82x + 1.6y/682 = ? What is the value of X and Y?

Oh, I know this. I started scribbling down all my workings, y = 24.5 and x = 1.076, I checked the answer sheet and sure enough, I was correct.

I put all my papers back into my green file, which was for maths. Sharpened all my pencils, packed my stationery and placed my textbooks back into the cabinets.

Then I headed downstairs.

When I was walking down the stairs, I saw Blossom sleeping on the couch, with my soft toy, which is ironically called Cherry.

Cherry Blossoms. 

When I walked down, I went straight to the kitchen to find my mom. When I walked into the kitchen, she was putting away groceries into the cabinets and refrigerator.

"Have you eaten?" My mom asked as I reached for one of the cabinets to get dog food for Blossom. I shook my head with my back facing her.

"I'm gonna cook Mac and Cheese for dinner." She shouted to me while she climbed up the stairs and went to her room to change.

"Blossom!" I shouted her name, 5 seconds later, I heard her paws tapping quickly into the kitchen as the bells on her collar rang with a melodic sound.

I held both the food packages and bent down to her figure, "Which one do you wanna eat?" Like she could understand what I was saying. I know she can.

She then moved her paw in the air, indicating she wants the left one. See? I told you she would understand me.

Somehow.

I poured the food into her bowl and made her play dead with me before eating. "Bang!" I laughed happily when she immediately laid down on the floor, pretending to be dead.

I petted her head as she ate her dinner. Meanwhile, I helped my mom prepare dinner.

"How was your first day of school Lia?" My mom asked as she took the first bite of the food.

I had an anxiety attack but its probably nothing much. "It was great! I made a couple of friends and my Biology teacher is the sweetest soul ever." I replied my mom with the biggest smile, or tried to.

"That's so great Lia, I'm so happy that you're fitting in a new school so well. Let's do well this time okay?"

This time. Yeah. Definitely.