6. Hidden

AMELIA

"Let me go Aaron! I have to let this entitled bitch know who she's talking to!" The blond girl shouted

"Why so mad blondie? Are you upset because you know I'm right?" Hannah resisted.

Oh god. They're gonna fight. In the middle of the cafeteria.

I looked up from my strawberries to them and saw the guy in the middle of Hannah and the blondie. I quickly looked back down after 5 seconds.

I looked around and saw almost the whole cafeteria staring at us.

My breathing started to become heavier.

I can feel my heart getting pressed down again. Shit. I have to get out of here ASAP.

I got up with my bowl of strawberries and tried to fast walk to the exit but I bumped into someone's chest, making me drop the bowl of strawberries.

Not right now. Oh shit.

I'm not saying shit because I dropped my strawberries but shit because I felt my heart closing up right. at. this. very. moment.

I couldn't bring my head up so I just kept looking at the strawberries, like it was the most interesting thing in the world. As if.

I feel super small in this cafeteria. Everyone feels so big right now. It's like they're all over shadowing me right now.

Oh god, please stop looking.

"Hey you good?" I suddenly heard someone say.

Oh, it's the bus guy.

Fuck, out of all the people I can bump into, it just had to be him.

I tried to force out a "I'm okay" from my mouth, but nothing came out.

So I just nodded.

Amelia, you fucking idiot. How hard is it to just say 2 words? Could you be any more useless?

I could feel tears swelling up in my eyes, oh my god.

Please don't cry now. Especially not now.

I tried to swallow down my tears as I tried to look up. Except when I looked up, I saw the bus guy's face.

RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

Um, okay. Does he not realize his face is so close to mine?

"Um, could you scoot back?" I said.

His eyes suddenly widened, he quickly straightened his back and looked left and right around the cafeteria.

Neither of us said anything. I felt my body shaking all of a sudden. Amelia, you have to get out now.

I was gonna leave until.

"So are you okay?" The bus guy suddenly asked.

This time I managed to say something, "Yeah, I am." I said softly.

I think that was convincing. Right?

I heard the bell ring.

"If you say so." He said and walked up to Aaron. Thank god he didn't question further.

I took out my phone to check the next period. PE. Thank god, it's not an important subject.

I quickly speed walked out of the cafeteria without any of them noticing. The moment I walked out, I ran to the nearest toilet.

I went into one of the stalls, locked it and went to put down the toilet cover. And I just sat there, shaking, hugging my knees.

You're gonna be okay. I said to myself while I felt hot tears streaming down my face.

But the thing is, no matter how many times I tell myself that, this feeling will never go away.

AUTHOR'S NOTE  🤍

amelia is my precious baby. I can't wait to see her grow up, and I hope that you guys are ready for it too <3

how was everyone's day? i hope y'all ate and drank enough water!

another qotd (because i love you guys): where are you from?

on a side note, every comment i see on this story makes me so fucking happy. you guys are the reason why i still wake up every day <3

have a good day my lovelies!

༺♥༻

see you soon.