10. New Friend

AMELIA

I reached school around 715am

I still have about 45 minutes before first period. Maybe I should just go to class early first.

After checking each locker down the hall, I finally found my locker again. I started to put my books in and take out some stuff for the first period, Literature.

Literature. I mean it's one of my best subjects so I don't really mind it being the first period. I checked my books, pencils, pens, and my notes for class. After I gathered my stuff for class, I went to this nearby vending machine to get a drink.

Coffee sounds really good right now. I just had coffee not long ago though.

Fuck. You know what, I don't care.

I pressed the number and I heard the metal can falling down on the inside of the vending machine and appeared at the bottom of the machine for collection. I took out my coffee and opened it with my nail, then I walked to class while sipping my coffee in one hand and holding my books and notes on another hand.

I was walking to Literature class when I noticed a head in the classroom. Hold up. Is that a ghost?

Amelia, don't be stupid.

But what if it is? I started to walk closer, painstakingly slow, to the class window. I slowly peeked through the window and saw a head resting on a table.

I suddenly felt a gush of wind pushing me to the other side of the universe. God it's cold. I'm getting goosebumps.

I slowly opened the back door and tried to tip toe into the class. As I slowly walked to the person, I saw his head slowly lift up. God, please be human. Thank god. I think he's human.

Until.

He turned.

His head.

It was Noah.

NOAH???

That's kinda funny because I kinda assumed that he would be late for every class. Honour students aren't usually late though. Oh well. Who told him to be such a jerk in the bus? Now his first impression is ruined. And that's not my fault. It's him.

He turned his head and we made eye contact.

...

So are we just gonna stare at each other like we're mysterious creatures who were extinct and suddenly came back to life?