Chapter 4: Doppio

The next day, you and Doppio arrived at Sardinia.

"And? They shouldn't get there until a bit later." You said sighing.

"Hey, kid! Look out!" Doppio suddenly yelled as you glanced at him, just to see him jumping at some kid because a truck was coming.

"Oi Doppio you idiot!"

"Shut up. I know. There's a truck coming, right?" The kid said and ran to the side.

"You bastard!" The pink haired male yelled, grabbing onto the street lamp next to him to pull himself back to avoid getting run over. But by doing this, his bag was run over, and he fell into the puddle under him.

"Doppio!" You called to him as he got up. "You idiot, are you insane?" You said and grabbed his bag, walking over to him.

"Ow..."

"Doppio, you okay?" You ask and helped him up, passing him the bag.

"Yes... I'm alright."

"Seriously, i can't believe i took a liking to an idiot like you..." You said with a grin. "Now that i think about it, you were trying to save me when we first met, but then i ended up saving you."

"Please don't bring that up Y/n-san, it's embarrassing." He said and sighed.

"Looks like you're down on your luck. Having a bad day?" Someone said as doppio glanced around. "Or have you been having a streak of bad luck?"

It was a fortune teller. He had a crystal ball on the table, and tarot cards in his hands.

'Tarot cards... How nostalgic. How long has it been...'

"I'd say so. I've had one problem after another." Doppio said as you glanced at the fortune teller. He didn't look like a stand user.

"Why not let me tell your fortune? I'll make it cheap" He said as doppio glanced at you.

"Do whatever you want, but make it fast." he nodded and walked over to the fortune teller, while you stood, leaning against the wall, waiting for the pink haired male to finish his business.

When you first met him, he was really kind and friendly. However, when you asked him to work for you, he quickly refused. You had attacked him, and at first, he was really panicked, but he calmed down really fast, and engaged in combat with you.

It was only when you were about to defeat him, you met Diavolo. You fought him, who had the full version of king crimson, and somehow won, leading him to agree to work with you after you told him about the conditions. And it turns out, Doppio is unaware that the 'boss' shared a body with him.

"Oh doppio, are you done?" You ask as you spot the male walk over to you.

"Yes, Y/n-san." He said as you walked down the street. Doppio called a cab for the two of you, and made your way to the location in the picture Doppio had.

"Driver, do you have a cell phone?" Doppio asks. "Mine broke..."

"I don't. Sorry." The driver said as you stared out the window.

"Driver, stop here." You said as the car came to a stop. You got out of the car, and doppio followed, asking the driver how much he had to pay.

"Hey wait a sec!" He said as you glanced at them. "There seems to be a extra digit on your meter..."

"So you actually think i rigged the meter because i wanted more money? Is that what you think? Huh?!" The driver said as you glanced around the area.

"N-no but 800,000 lire to get from the city to here seems a bit... I don't have that much!"

"Like hell a guy on vacation doesn't have money!" The driver said. "I know you hid some in your pocket earlier." He said and grabbed the male's ear. "I saw you hide an envelope in your pants."

"Don't-"

"Come on, let me see." He said and went to grab the envelope in Doppio's pocket.

"D-Don't touch me... I'm getting a headache..."

"See? I knew it!" The driver said, about to pull the picture out of the envelope.

"You friggin' idiot!" Doppio had his index finger in the driver's eye, ready to pop his eyeball out, forcing the driver to drop the envelope. "Those who have seen what they shouldn't have seen don't need to exist in this world!"

"Y-You bastard..."

"Bring ring ring ring" You sighed as doppio glanced back at the car. "Hey, did you just hear a phone ring?" He said before removing his finger, walking towards the car as the 'phone' rang.

"Hey what the hell? You have a car phone!" Doppio said pulling the thing dangling at the front of the car, and putting it to his ear.

"Hello? Yes this is Doppio." He said as the driver slowly stood up. "Boss... Yes, i just arrived. it's the spot in the photo. I just need to keep an eye on this place, right?" As Doppio continued to speak seemingly to himself, the driver went back to his car and threw Doppio's stuff out his car and quickly drove away.

"T-That's Risotto! The traitor assassin!" You heard doppio say as you walked over to him. "He appeared, just like the fortune teller said!"

It looked like diavolo switched with Doppio for a quick moment, and when doppio hung up, it seems that he has forgotten half the things he was ordered to do.

"Doppio, that headache is the least of your worries." you said walking over to him as he bent down to pick up the envelope.

"Right! I just got a call from the boss. My mission is to keep an eye on that building and... Uh... What was it again? Get closer? Right! I have to get closer!" He said as you froze. Someone was behind you and doppio.

"But to what?" Doppio continued to say to himself .

"I won't get closer to either of you." Risotto's voice came from behind you as Doppio glanced at him, and jumped away just as a knife was about to hit his leg. But, he ended up crashing face first on a rock, causing his nose to start bleeding.

"You..."

"Look over here." Risotto said as you slowly backed away from him, and towards doppio.

"Hey! Get yourself together!" you said to him as he removed his hand from his face.

"I-I don't have any money!" He said as you sighed.

"B-Blood! Why does this always happen to me?!"