Chapter 2: Mission

"A mission?"

"Yes ma'am. It was a direct order from me." A male voice said from the other line. "If i'm correct, they should be receiving the orders right now."

"Well aren't they lucky." You said with a grin, looking at the island up ahead. "I'll be watching whoever's taking this mission. you just continue doing what you're doing. If there's any trouble, call me or something. I don't want my direct subordinate to die."

"Of course... Y/n-sama."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's a direct order from the boss." You heard Pericolo say as you drew closer to them. "You'll be guarding the boss's daughter, risking your lives doing so. That's all."

"Oiiii!" You yelled as everyone there turned to you. "I'm here Pericolo!" You said, looking up as you reached your destination.

"And another person will be joining you. Her name is Y/n. She's important to the organization, so please treat her with respect.

"Y/n...?"

"It's you!"

You sighed and turned to the group as trish walked out of the bathroom. "Hey. I do hope you won't drag me down." you said before turning to Giorno. "Looks like we meet again."

"Ah.. yes... hello..." He said as an awkward silence fell the group.

"Call me whatever you like." You said as the blonde teen looked up at you. "I don't think i'll mind."

"Ah... okay."

"Anyways, note that i'm just here to observe you all, I won't be doing any work here." You said crossing your arms across your chest. "If an enemy attacks, don't expect me to do anything. This isn't my mission."

"Understood."

"Oh, also, i'm only going to be with you until the boss tells that i don't have to stay with you guys anymore, so take good care of me too."

Timeskip-

The group brought you and trish to some vineyard, and from there, they sent Narancia out to get the things trish wanted.

"Uh... Y/n-san, if you don't mind me asking, what's your rank in the organization?"

"Me? I don't think i will tell you." You said with a small grin.

"Eh? Why not?"

"Because if i did, i would have to kill all of you." After that, they fell silent. "Anyways, is that Narancia guy still not back?"

"Not yet. It's starting to get late too."

"Maybe he got into some sort of trouble?"

It turns out, he did run into trouble, and didn't manage to bring back any of the stuff he was sent out to buy. The group then got another order from the boss, and giorno, fuga, and Abbacchio were sent to retrieve a key.

You stayed back with Narancia, Bucciarati and Trish. After a few hours, they got back with said key, and now, you were headed to a train station to head to venice.

"P.S. My mission for you will end once you get to venice." Abbacchio read from the key. "What's supposed to be by the drinking fountain at the station?"

"The boss mentioned a way for us to travel without being found by the enemy. Teh station is dangerous, but we'll just have to trust him and go." Bucciarati said as you sighed, glancing at Trish, who was sat next to you.

"D-do you think the boss is actually in venice? Since it's mentioned in the note..."

"We don't need to think about that. We're just going to do as we were ordered."

Drowning out their conversation, you sighed and stared out the window. You regret following these guys. You just caused more trouble for yourself.

'I can't wait to leave...'

Yet another timeskip brought to you by a sleep deprived author-

After some... complications, you arrive at Venice. Giorno and mista got the last orders from Diavolo by taking a disc, fighting one of the hitman team's members.

Yawning, you glanced at the group, listening to the orders given to them. You saw some of the members of the group fight, and they were pretty strong. It would be a good idea to not underestimate them.

During this whole trip, you haven't spoken to trish. It wasn't like you hated her or anything, but you didn't see why Diavolo wanted this girl. In fact, he never told you what he intended to do to her once she reached him. And before you know it, you reached the location they were ordered to bring trish to.

"I knew that you'd become capo someday, and i know you'll be able to complete this mission " Fugo said as you stared at the brooch Giorno gave to Bucciarati.

"Of course he can."

"Let's aim for an even higher position in the organization!" Fugo said as Bucciarati glanced down for a moment.

"Yeah... you're right. Let's go, Trish." As Bucciarati and trish turned around, you spoke.

"Bucciarati. Don't do anything stupid. The boss won't forgive traitors. In the organization, you are still weak."

"I will keep that in mind Y/n-san."

Bucciarati and Trish made their way inside while everyone else stayed on the boat, since the boss's orders stated so. But, of course you didn't care for that, and just as you took a step off the boat, Abbacchio stopped you.

"What do you think you're doing? The bosses orders is for-"

"It doesn't matter if i do it. But if you disobey the boss's orders, it is you guys who will die." You said cutting the male off and got on land. "Anyways, since this is the end of your mission, i will be taking my leave. Thanks for taking care of me for these few days."

"Wait! Y/n-san! If you go now you'll-"

"Shut it." You hissed turning to glare at the 4 still on the small boat. "Don't speak out of line you brats. Know your place."

They stared at you before fugo spoke. "Let her. If she dies, it won't be our problem, since we warned her anyway."

Turning your back to them, you walked away from the group, and into the building where Bucciarati went in with Trish.

There was a commotion in the basement, so that's where you went. Based on what you hear, it was clear that Bucciarati betrayed the boss.

You could see Bucciarati with Trish in his arms. He was all bloody too.

"It seems there was another traitor. Must be the newbie. If my information is correct, i believe his name is Giorno Giovanna. So he must've joined this organization with the intent to betray me from the start."

Making your way down the stairs slowly, you got a better view of what's going on.

"It seems you thought you could escape just by distancing yourself from me, but it's nothing for me to escape that turtle an instant sooner. It appears that your efforts were futile, Bucciarati."