09

Cat Noir and Ladybug had made up, Y/n knew that 4 hours after Ladybug's akumatization. Chat was the happiest she had ever seen, Y/n exhaled. Of course he would be, it was common knowledge that the cat themed hero was in love with the one in red. She thought it was stupid, thinking their friendship would be anything more than fleeting..

That maybe, someone as incredible as him could possibly hold any sort of affection for her. Y/n hadn't seen the cat since he told her about his rekindled friendship with his ex-partner in heroing. She delved into her work, not paying her feelings any mind as she requested mountains of extra credit from her teachers. She was determined to think about the blonde hero, and she did just that. For three weeks, she was so stuck in work she hardly ate. She hardly slept, she hardly had the will to get up and shower. She was greasy, and now she'd finished everything. Her teacher's refused to stock-pile more work on her and it pissed her off significantly.

Her maid practically forced her out of bed and into the bath, were she soaked for hours. The kind woman had to scrub the oils from Y/n's scalp, her hair had grown a full 5 inches since she'd seen the boy. The other ladies, scraped Y/n's dirty clothes from her floor and peeled away her nasty, sweaty sheets. They burned candles with Y/n's favorite scent and scrubbed the place with cleaning supplies from the top to bottom, and it worked to rid the rancid smell of prolonged exhaustion and lack of hygiene.

Y/n smelled of f/s (favorite scent/smell) by the time her maids were done, she was fresh and felt much better. Y/n's muscles relaxed for the first time in weeks, she flung herself onto her sweet smelling sheets, savoring the cleanliness she had lacked for so long.

"Feeling better, M'lady?"

Y/n shot up at the voice, only to realize it was Marlene.

"Oh, yes. Thank the other girl's for me. I'm sorry I caused so much trouble," Y/n apologized and then dismissed the girl.

Y/n sat there, eyes trained on the karaoke machine that had been fired up late into the night not that long ago. She shook her head, breaking herself from the trance of him. That beautiful blonde dream... She stepped outside, onto the balcony. Watching Ladybug swing by, her elbows resting on the stone while her hands hung over the edges.

She didn't notice her bracelet sliding from her wrist. A gloved hand in white and black caught it for her, his paint brush extending like Chat's staff.

"Is this yours?" He looked up at her with sweet, cerulean doe eyes.

"Uh, yeah.." She gently took the bracelet from the hero's hand, "You're Caprikid right? It's nice to meet you."

"You're Y/n, Cat Noir's girlfriend, right?" He asks, flipping himself over to sit beside her resting arms.

"Oh no! Chat and I were friends for a little while," Y/n corrected.

"You guys aren't friends anymore?" Nathaniel didn't mean to pry, but he himself was curious. Cat Noir raved about this girl during missions, was something up?

"Not really, I guess? We haven't seen each other in three weeks, ya' know? He's probably busy as heck, I mean he's a super and stuff. Ah, jeez. Am I taking up too much time? You should get going, what if the other's need you?" Y/n finally realized who she was talking to.

"They can deal without me for a little while, I'd get an alert if something was up. Don't worry too much, it's been rather calm today anyways. Feels nice to relax a bit," He played off her worry.

"Oh, okay."

The two sat in comfortable silence, watching cars and clouds pass by. Nathaniel sketched the scenery on a notepad from his paintbrush, staff thing. He took in Y/n, she made a lovely natural model. Her face was pressed into her left palm, her eyes holding a spacey look to them as she observed the white mounds of fluff clustered across the sky. He chuckled when her face contorted in a look of confusion, her brows creased.

"What're you laughing at, red?" She prodded.

"You, you look super funny when you're confused." He replied coyly.

"That's kinda mean, are you bullying me, Caprikid? That's not good, I'll tell Ladybug you were being rude to a civilian~"

"I didn't mean it like that, I'm an artist.. your expressions look different than most people and that's refreshing," He muttered feverently in nervousness.

Y/n's lips curled upwards, she ruffled the tomato colored locks that adorned the boy.

"It's okay, thanks. That's very sweet, you're paintbrush thing is ringing."

"Oh." He snapped out of his daze and answered the call.

"Yeah? I'll be right there, I'm sorry about being late. Patrol meeting slipped my mind. Oh, yeah I made a friend. So sorry, Bold I swear, I didn't mean it. I'll see you in a few, yeah." He hung up, tucking the notepad underneath his arm, "I do have to go actually. I hope we meet again soon, goodbye Y/n."

"See ya later!" The girl waved as he took off.