Day Forty Two

For Destination_PTX

A/N: If you are on my profile to check the update schedule, you notice that this only has one more chapter. And it will also be the shortest!

FunNikkieFact #9: I am only five feet tall and I can fit in kids shoes :)

"No!" I woke up when I felt someone moving Scott away. A couple of nurses were trying to lift me off his bed and put me in a new one.

"Hey." Scott said groggily. His hand went to rest on my arm. "It's okay. I need to go. I'm going into surgery. They're just fixing me up." I shook my head, cuddling back up to his chest.

"No. I don't want you out of my sight." His hand was running through my hair.

"I need to go, Mitch. They'll take care of me. I'll be back. Good as new." I reluctantly got off the bed and went back into mine. I curled up to the sheets. I waited for hours but Scott never came back. He had gone in a different custody. He lied to me. He didn't need surgery. He left me.

I was back home after a couple of day. I would sit in my room, my body curled up into a ball between my bed and my wall. I could feel my mom stare at me as my hands followed the streaks of paint that once slid down the walls before drying. She was worried for me. She didn't need to though. I wasn't going to kill myself. I just wanted to see Scott again. I missed him like crazy.

"Mitch, honey. It's time to go." I moved to the edge of my bed to put my shoes on. I was dressed like I would be for a normal day. But today was far from normal. Today was the trial where I had to testify. I pulled at my sleeves nervously as my mom and I walked down the street. I didn't want to be in a car. The courthouse wasn't that far away anyways. I didn't feel comfortable. I didn't know what happened to anyone. I didn't know what happened to me.

"You tensed." I commented on the fact that my mom stopped walking before quickly deciding to catch up with me.

"Let's go in the back." I looked up to see why she wanted to go around. When I saw the source, I ran for it.

"Scott!" He turned around just as I jumped in his arms. He stumbled back slight at the force of me bumping into him.

"Are you okay?" He pushed me back to look me over. God, he looked absolutely handsome in a suit. His face was even healed from the beating. My finger brushed against his healed busted lip.

"You didn't come back."

"We'll get to that later. Are you okay, Mitch?" He brushed my hair away from my forehead.

"I-I missed you." He smiled, his hands holding my face gently.

"I missed you too. I didn't know what was happening. I did go into surgery but I didn't know what happened afterwards." I could see tears building up in his eyes. "I didn't mean to. I'm sorry."

"Don't cry. Please don't cry." He let out the sob anyways.

"I'm afraid I'm not going to see you again." I pulled him into a hug. There was an officer standing behind us with his back turned. He was giving us privacy.

"Why? Why won't I see you again?" Scott looked over at another man who was paying attention to everything that we did. I think it was Scott's Lawyer.

"I don't think I can tell you. Just know that you're safe."

"That means nothing if you're not around to share that with me."

"It means everything. My whole purpose was to keep you safe. To keep your heart beating. I won't be around but at least I know you're okay." I shook my head.