Day Thirty

For ilovetotoro

FunNikkieFact #7: The first fanfiction story I wrote was for a frerard storyline for my friend.

My eyes opened when Scott answered the phone. I looked at him sitting on his desk. It was probably at least three in the morning. He hung up with a frustrated sigh. I came over to curl into his lap. My arms wrapped around his neck. His arm wrapped across my knees to keep me from falling. He kissed my forehead as I closed my eyes.

"Something wrong, baby?" I nuzzled my head in his neck.

"No." I moved as close to him as I could. "Whatcha doing?"

"Looking at some jobs. Promise you're not looking at them." I hummed tiredly. I wasn't planning on it. After spending all this time with Scott, I didn't want to look at what he was going to have to do. Who he was going to have to kill. The horrible pictures that he was forced to look at so he could know his targets. I quietly sat on his lap until I fell asleep. I don't know how long later it was but he lifted me up. He took me back to bed, laying me down with a kiss to the shoulder.

"Don't leave." I grabbed his hand to keep him from walking away. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and pull my back to his chest.

"You're putting me behind on my work. You're distracting."

"Am I a good distraction at least?" I turned in his arms so I could face him. His hand brushed against my cheek. I felt goosebumps on my skin. His touch was addicting.

"Yes you are, Mitch." I liked how now I didn't have to expect sex to get closer to him. He would fall asleep and hold me close. I noticed it was in a protective manner too. His arm wrapped around my waist. He was always sleeping with his back to the door. I don't think he thought we were safe. I turned in his arms to find him asleep. His soft breaths poured out. I let out a giggle when his breathing got caught up in a snore. I don't think I've ever heard that. I think he was becoming more comfortable with me.

"Hey." Scott groaned, tightening his hand on my waist. "Hey...." I poked his cheek.

"What could you possibly want?" He said it with annoyance.

"You." I moved closer, my arms wrapping around his neck.

"Really?" His voice was deeper due to the fact that he was just sleeping.

"Mmm-hmm." I was hiding my face in the crook of his neck. He didn't make a move to start anything. I felt so happy with him. To go home would be miserable. I want to stay with him. I moved Scott so he was laying on his back and I split his waist. My hands were holding his shoulders down. "You love me, right?"

"Yes. What's this about?" I put my forehead down against his.

"How will you be able to talk to me when I go back?" His hand came to cup my cheek.

"That's the sacrifice of keeping you safe." His fingers came to run through my hair. "If you stay with me, you'll be in constant danger. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I just want to stay with you. I want to see you everyday and kiss you everyday."

"Mitch-"

"Don't you want me to stay?" He brought us both to sit up. His hands were rubbing up and down my arms.

"With all my heart." He tucked my bangs behind my ear. "But I would rather know you're alive than dead. And it's more likely that you will end up dead with me."

"If we go to the police-"

"They will arrest me. Not only did I have sex with someone under the age of eighteen, but I kidnapped you."