Chapter Thirty: The War

Diana's POV

Looking at Ares's hurt expression lurched my heart. But I had been helpless. It was written in Aurora's fate to live with us god's.

Suddenly, Ares did something unexpected.

He took out his knife from his waist, and aimed it in my direction. People gasped but I remained silent, just looking at him.

The knife flew past my head and hit one of Dimitri soldiers standing right behind me.

Attack.” His fearful voice bellowed out, and he leaned forward, almost vanishing with his speed.

I smirked at Dimitri's shocked face. He expected Ares to attack me.

I just stood looking at the fight take place between the werewolves and some of the other monsters.

...•...•...

Ares's POV

I took out the sword from my waist, thankful for always wearing it. It was in these times when weapons were useful.

Of course I could shift, but it was easier with swords for me.

I slashed the throat of few of the enemies, soon drenching myself in their blood.

I got a few cuts here and there, from my lack of attention.

Soon, I was cornered by ten wolves, their saliva falling onto to the green grass.

Disgusting rogues!

One of them launched at me, attempting to bite off my neck, but failing miserably when I threw him off me, and easily cut his head off.

Aurora came to my aid, and stood behind me, killing the wolves easily.

I smiled, and got back to raining the green ground with red.

The war was still on in the ground, as well as the sky.

People were falling down to the ground when Artemis and her group of soldiers killed them off.

Some of our warriors too lost their lives, but what is a war without death?

I sighed. It was not time for wallowing. I got to back to defeating the enemies with little help from Aurora and Charles.

......•......•......

Diana's POV

I searched the ground for Esme, but she had disappeared along with Lavinia.

I guess there were some things to be settled.

I took a step back when I felt the tip of a sword go through my back.

“DIANA.” Ares screamed.

Artemis who was fighting in the sky with some of the enemies looked at me with a glare.

I smiled.

“Be serious, Diana. ” Her voice was heard through the noise from war.

I laughed and just stepped back again.

The tip of the sword now came out the other side of me, peircing completely.

Blood spilled to the ground.

Drop by drop.

People stopped and looked at me.

Dimwit Dimitri was behind me with a smirk.

“Another blow and your dead, Diana.” he laughed cynically.

Ares was screaming from the other side of the war ground.

But he was held back by his Beta and Gamma.

The drops on the ground turned into beautiful flowers, astonishing everyone.

My breathing got shallower. I smiled.

“I am sorry, Dimitri. It's not the end. But the beginning. ”

With that my body floated in the air, letting out white light.

All the power that I had trapped inside burst out, blinding everyone. With my sword in my hands, I closed my eyes, muttering a small spell.

The sword multipled into the number of our enemies and slowly turned in circles, recognising the people they had to eliminate.

Dimitri's eyes widened, gasping for breath, as I grabbed his neck in my hands, tightening it every second.

I flicked my fingers, making the swords fly towards the enemy soldiers, cutting their head off in a single slice.

“You attacked me in my own domain and expect to come out alive? I think you underestimated me, didn't you, Dimitri?” I chuckled.

Blood gurgled out of his mouth and onto the ground.

My grip on him tightened as seconds turned into minutes and minutes into hours.

It was like everything froze in the battlefield and people just looked confused and astonished, seeing the enemies vanish right in front of their eyes.

The war had stopped and even Esme was back safe from her battle with her sister.

I had lowered Dimitri to the ground, and he was breathing heavily.

I muttered a spell, and his body started swelling. He screamed in pain.

Hence the final chapter of his life on my Earth ended when his body burst into tiny little pieces, and scattered in the air.

I smiled at the people as they celebrated the death of their enemy. The sun rose from the horizon, indicating the beginning of a new better future, filled with joy and laughter.

There couldn't have been a better way to kill Dimitri off.

Even though I could have done this earlier, what's life without a little war?

........................................................................

A/N:

Hello..

What are your opinions on this chapter?

Let me be truthful, this isn't exactly what I planned to write at first. Not at all proud of it, but for the time being let's keep it like this.

Maybe I will rewrite this again in the future. Not sure though.

Anyways, I'll end this book in the next two to three chapters.

Thank you to everyone who are reading it despite my shitty writing.. ‹•.•›

Bye
💋