Chapter Thirteen: Rogues

Ares's POV (a few minutes/ hours ago from the previous chapter)

I was walking down the stairs to have my lunch, with my beta following me.

“Ares. Ares. Ares. Ares.” I heard his annoying voice behind me.

“What do you want, Charles?” I asked, annoyed with his antics all day.

Charles was my Beta and also my best friend. But he's the most annoying person in the world. How I hate him.

“Nothing. ” He said singing.

“Then could you shut up? ” I asked groaning.

“Nope. ” He said and I swear he was grinning behind me.

“Ares. ” I heard Lyn's voice.

“Yes. ” I said turning to her.

“What are you both doing here?  Go and have your lunch. There's so much work. ” She said.

“We were going to have lunch before you stopped us, Lyn. ” I said and started walking again.

“I miss her very much these days. ” I heard Aspen in mind.

“I know, but there's nothing we can do. We have to try to find her. ” I said sighing.

“We haven't met her in these hundred years and we have hosted so many balls. What's the use of it?” He muttered sadly.

“We might find her soon. She must be somewhere out there. ” I said.

“Hey, Ares where were you lost? ” Charles said shaking his hands infront of my face.

“Nowhere. I am here. ” I said and walked into the dining room.

Some pack members and my council members were here chatting whilst waiting for my appearance.

“Good Afternoon, Alpha King. ” Some greeted and I nodded.

I sat down in my seat at the head of the table. There were two chairs, one for me and my mate. My queen. I looked at the empty chair beside me and looked at it, with longing in my eyes.

I didn't realize that I was staring, until Charles cleared his throat loudly. I looked away from the chair and saw that the whole room was looking at me with pitiful eyes. I looked at all of them with raised eyebrows and they returned to whatever they were doing.

The maids brought out the food and Charles sat on my right side with Lyn on my left. The others, who were standing, took their seats.

We started eating after the maids served us. Some began to chat again.

“Alpha, rogues are seen on the outskirts of the borders. ” I heard my head warrior/Delta, Arthur, in the mindlink.

“I will come right now. ” I told him and got up with Charles, Louis, my Gamma, and some other warriors.

We went out and I shifted quickly. My skin was replaced with black fur and my hands to limbs. I stood tall in my wolf form, almost the size of a horse.

I started running to the west borders with the warriors following me.

We reached the borders soon and I shifted back looking the rogues who simply stood at the other side.

“Why are you here, rogues? ” Aspen said with power which made everyone bow their head low.

“We are here to warn you, Dear Alpha King. The position belongs to our leader. And we will wage war, to destroy you. ” One man said. His face had three claw marks on the left side of his cheeks.

“What are speaking about, Rogue?” Louis said furiously. “This throne belonged to King Ares from the beginning. Your leader doesn't own it.”

“We are just messengers. And we are here just to warn you. Rest is your wish.” He said grinning and shrugging. All of them shifted simultaneously and ran off.

I just walked back silently.

“What should we do, Alpha King? ” Arthur asked.

“Everyone will start training again. And the security must be increased. ” Charles said as I didn't speak anything.

“All of you go back to the castle, I will be coming back later. ” I told Charles and Louis in our mindlink.

“Yes, Alpha.”

They both said in unison and walked away leaving me alone to my thoughts.

I shifted and ran aimlessly till I reached another forest. The Earth goddesses forest. The most mysterious and intriguing forest.

Suddenly I felt someone's presence and I saw Esme standing close to me.

“King Ares. I wanted to tell you something. ”She said urgently.

“What is it? ”

“You have to host a ball in two months. ” She seemed almost... excited for this ball.

“Why should I? ” I asked curious. Just what is this witch hiding from me.

“I can't answer that. But please Ares. For me.” She asked with hope brewing in her eyes.

“Alright. And this will be the last ball I will host to find her. I am tired of hosting balls. ” I said sighing.

“Don't worry, you will meet her for sure, this time. ” She muttered something softly but I didn't hear it.

“What did you say? ”

“Nothing. Bye, I have to go. ” She said and vanished. This witch vanishes as quickly as she arrives. I sighed and walked into the forest. What was surprising was, that Esme didn't stop me from entering the forest even though she knew that I was here, to go in.

The trees were tall, it felt like it was touching the sky. I felt like I had reached another world. It was totally different here. The air, the smell of the sweet flowers, the creatures that were looking at me from behind the bushes, I had encountered some people too, but they were goblins and elves. They looked at me with curious eyes. They might not intract with anyone except the goddess.

The trees looked thick and there was greenery everywhere. I hadn't been here in my hundred years of life. But I am glad that I decided to come here.

I walked deeper into the forest and reached a big tree near a low cliff. It was actually a small cliff on one side and a river on the other. It was so tall that I had to crane my neck to see the top. Animals were wandering around, some drinking from the clear water which was flowing from the tree. The tree looked absolutely beautiful. The suns rays shining through the leaves, giving a beautiful view to my eyes. Fog and mist covered the whole area and it was so thick that I couldn't see myself.

There were two large stones infront of the tree which looked like huge pillers. Behind the stones were a fence like object, it must be the entrance to the tree.

What I didn't realize, was that I had misunderstood the fog. It was not fog and mist but clouds which covered myself.

“How are clouds on the ground? Did we reach the sky?” Aspen asked looking confused.

“I don't understand Aspen. This must be some magic of the goddess. Another realm created by her. ” I muttered in awe.

I certainly reached another realm.

A beautiful world.

........................................................................

A/N: Hey guys.

How is this chapter?

What do you think might happen next? 👀

Vote and comment... 🙂