Chapter Four: The Underworld

Authors POV 

Ares was already tired after the long tiring day. Meeting a lot of females who want you for your power and throne was not easy.

He had a lot of females touch his hand repeatedly, to check whether he was their mate. And even though he was not interested he had to do it for Lyn's sake, who kept glaring at him whenever he tried to escape from the ball room.

He sighed loudly feeling bored already.

It was a series of program. First the ball, then a hunt with the king and after that, a bonfire party at night. Hence all the guests were given rooms to stay and they would stay in the palace.

Ares silently tried to sneak off to his room when he heard someone clearing their throat. He grumbled something inaudible and turned around.

“Where are you off to, my dear King?” Lynorr said with a raised eyebrow and her hands on her hips.

“Umm... Just for a stroll. Nothing much. ” Ares said not looking at her. Even though he was having higher power than Lyn, he was still scared of the lady. After all she was the one who raised him.

“Listen here Mister, you may be the Alpha King or whatever. But you will listen to me and stay here until the ball is finished. ” Lyn said trying to sound intimidating and the shocking thing was, it was working.

“So Bossy. ” Ares grumbled, but it was not be heard by anyone.

“What was that?” Lyn asked again raising her eyebrow.

“I said its alright. ” Ares said loudly.

Lyn smirked and nodded her head.

“Now go and dance with those pretty girls. ” Lyn said and pushed him towards them. Ares glared at her and went off towards the girls.

“Where's Ares? ” Charles asked as he stood near Lynorr. Lyn nodded her head towards Ares who was in the middle of the dance floor with some girl.

“Wow. So he agreed, huh!” Charles said amused.

“I basically had to threaten him. ” Lynorr said laughing. But after sometime her eyes filled with sadness. “I just hope he finds his mate. The poor boy has suffered a lot. And I hope even you find yours, Charles. ” Lyn said tears brimming in her eyes.

“That's what we have all been waiting for. The girl who will bring back the happy Prince.” Charles said looking distant. “Now, let's forget about all of that. But my Lady, would you like to dance with me?” Charles asked winking at Lynorr.

“You charm will not work on this old woman, Charles.” Lyn said laughing softly. “But of course, how can I turn down such a wonderful and handsome man. So alright. I will dance with you. ”

Charles and Lynorr started laughing and dancing softly. And after a while Lyn went away while Charles was still dancing with some girls from the packs. Even some Noble families of Humans were here.

In the kingdom of Carantania, there were people of all species like Werewolf, Humans, witches, wizards, vampires. But these were just a few. The Kingdom comprised of almost all the supernaturals.

Meanwhile, Ares was struggling to keep control over Aspen. Both him and Ares, were irritated due to the girls clinging onto his arms and holding him close.

Even though he was known to be ruthless and emotionless, the girls only wanted the exterior of him, his body to please them and his treasure and power to rule the kingdom. which is what angered Ares and Aspen the most. He just hoped that his mate would not be a power hungry women.