Page 25

"Nanook?" I stepped forward to see the fluffy creature I watched grow from a small puppy lay on his side in the middle of the dark room, the carpet bunched up beneath him, "hi buddy, how're you feeling?" I kneeled down next to his front and dragged my hand across his side as he chuffed, his breathing weird like he was crying or something similar like he couldn't breathe properly. I stood grabbing onto the lamp next to Sam's bed and switched it on, light instantly enveloping the room in a bright glow.

Looking down I note the blood stained fur on his muzzle and sit back down in front of him, "are you okay? Nanook?" Laying my hand on his neck I pause, his heart is racing as he whines, "it's okay, can I see your mouth?" I reached under his head before positioning myself, criss cross style. I rested his head in my lap and lifted up the side of his mouth just for him to clench his jaws as Sam yelled downstairs, "You're a creature of the night, Michael! Just like the comic book... You're a vampire, Michael! My own brother, a goddamn shit-sucking vampire!" I turned my head and listened bewildered as I looked at the door to Sam's room, "Wait'll Mom finds out!"

I stand moving Nanook back down softly before jogging out of the room to look over the banister, "what the hell is going on out here?!" I looked down at the two boys and saw Sam yell again, "Stay back! Stay back!" He makes a cross with his fingers and runs upstairs. As soon as his feet hit the top of the stairs he looks to me and grabs my wrist as Michael chases him up. "Sam?!" He yanks me forward into his room and pulls me in so he could whirl me around and lock the door just as Michael reaches the top of the stairs, "Sam?! Open up!" He's banging on the door from the other side and I step back confused, "Sam what's going on?"

I watch as he dives for his bed after locking his bathroom door and grabs the phone without answering me, Michael continuing to bang on the door and yell. He scrambles for the comic with the Frogs' number on it and turns it around as I stand there, he's rotating the numbers in the next second and everything goes quiet as the phone dial tone pops up softly.

"All day." I shake my head with a scoff looking around before sitting next to him, he sees me move and positions the phone for the both of us, "Sam." He shakes his head, "it's my sister, the one , Willow," he pauses looking at me, "no, I don't think so." I hear a voice suddenly, no more whispers, "Can't stand light?" Sam shrugs, nodding even though whoever was on the phone with him couldn't see the action, "he can't, he wears sunglasses in the house." My brows furrowed and I became confused even more so, "Bad breath? Long fingernails?" I recognized the voice to be Edgar Frog, "His fingernails are longer, but he always has bad breath." I realized Sam was talking about Michael with those words, "Salt sticks to the bottom of his feet?" I raised my brows at Alan's voice, "what does that have to do with anything?" I was ignored instantly, "Yeah." The next thing I heard made my head drop and shake, "He's a vampire alright." I stood and Sam grabbed my wrist, "you can't leave, Willow, he could hurt you!" I shook my head at him sighing lowly, "Get yourself a good sharp stake and drive it through his heart." I paused, my eyes widening as Sam's face shot down to the phone, "I can't do that!"

"Why not?" Sam scoffed, "He's my brother." My mouth stayed wide open and my eyes shot around, "You better get a garlic T-shirt, buddy." Sam looked back at me as the last words of the Frog brothers were spoken, "or it's your funeral." CLICK, the phone call was cut off as the brothers hung up on Sam, "you can't be fucking serious Sammy," Sam looks even more worried than before he ran into the bedroom dragging me with him.