Chapter 41

The gates of the Dwight's estate opened as a carriage arrived.

The carriage stopped and Carla and her family got off from it. They were home together with Callahan.

Emma was watching all these scene unfold in the sidelines with a bright face..

'Young master is finally back.' She fiddled with her fingers as she blushed.

Emma then walked towards them and she welcomed Callahan back.

"Ah, Emma." Carla smiled as she saw Emma approaching towards them.

"Welcome back, master and madame." Emma bowed and looked at Callahan. "And to you too, young master." She smiled.

Callahan lazily stared at Emma. His eyes were lifeless as he looked at her.

"You're still here?" He muttered.

"Pardon?" Emma was surprised.

"Callahan!" Carla hushed him.

Callahan didn't know that his sister's maid in the past was still working for them.

Looking at Emma, it only reminded him of Catherina's suffering back then.

From these past years, he was constantly reminded that if only his sister's maid noticed anything about Rina's illness, then maybe it wouldn't be too late to save her. Maybe there was a chance.

But there wasn't.

"I'll be in my room."

Callahan walked upstairs and went to his room to rest.

"Wife, I'll be in my study. I still have some work to do." Raphael added.

"Okay." Carla permitted him.

Only Carla and Emma was left in the ground floor and the atmosphere was awkward.

"I apologize for my son's reaction, Emma. He's still hasn't... he still needs time." She smiled.

"Oh no, it's totally fine, Madame. I understand him." Emma shook her head.

"Thank you. Then, I'l get ahead too."

Emma nodded in response.

Now, she was the only one left in the area.

Her smile vanished from her face and it was replaced with a dark expression.

She bit her lip, feeling blue.

Emma walked towards the hallways, wandering around the mansion for a bit.

Her room was close by and she held the knob as she opened the door.

*Creak*

She sat on her chair and drooped her head down.

'It's been six years. They still haven't moved on from her death?' She closed her fists.

"Catherina, Catherina, Catherina! Why is everything about her?! She's already dead!" She covered her face with a pillow as she screamed.

She thought that as these six years will pass, their scars would be healed. She thought that they'll finally look at her as their own.

She didn't expect that Callahan's personality and treatment towards her actually changed. He looked at her with lifeless eyes. Does it mean he's not interested in her a bit?

"No, it's fine. I have my potion with me. Callahan will be mine in no time..."

After expressing herself, Emma got up from her bed.