Chapter 37

'It's cold...'

'It hurts...'

'Where am I?'

'Right, I already died.'

'It's always at the age of sixteen.'

'I miss my family. I want to see them.'

'But I died...'

Catherina was in the subconscious realm.

After she died, it was like in her first death. She experienced a moment of darkness, all alone.

She was like in a dream. She couldn't do anything but just stay there until her time finally wake up will come.

Once she opens her eyes, she knew that a new life is already ahead of her.

Catherina slowly felt her fingers move.

'Weird.'

It was weird.

She didn't experience something like at this at her first death. She couldn't move her fingers at all. She had no strength to move a muscle because she was a baby.

But it was different now.

She could already blink her eyes and slowly open it.

It was as if she was in a mature body. Maybe she reincarnated in someone else's body.

As she opened her eyes, light covered her vision. Everything was too bright.

'Is this my third life?'

Catherina finally woke up.

As she did, she sat up from her hard and cold-like bed, only to see that she was lying on an ice bed.

"What? Where - am I?" Her voice was hoarse.

*Cough*

Her body was sore all over the place. She didn't have the strength to stand and it was really cold.

As soon as she breathes out, a cute mist was formed.

She looked at her hands. Her body. Her hair. It all belonged to a grown woman.

"Rina?"

Suddenly, a deep voice from a man called out to her.

Catherina looked beside her and saw an oddly familiar face.

No, it was familiar but also different.

That face belonged to someone she adored in her past life.

"Owen?"

"You're awake. I couldn't take it Rina. I don't know what to do without you.. that's why I rose you from the dead." Tears flowed from his eyes as he kissed her pale hand gently.

"This is really weird." Catherina was confused.

'I thought this is my third life but why is Owen here? And rose me from the dead? What is he talking about?'

"My hair..." She noticed that her silver hair was long. Too long, actually.

"Is it really me? I'm still alive?" Her voice shook.

She looked at Owen who was crying like a baby in front of her.

'Just... What happened?'

.
.
Before Catherina's awakening...
.
.

The scent of different herbs circulated around the room where Owen was staying.

Rina's body was placed on the ice bed which was located in the center and Owen was currently making the resurrection extract.