Chapter 8 - On a second thought... maybe we should leave (Past)

“We should leave now” Harry smiled at Louis, who was staring right back at him from across the table.

“I really want t stay a bit longer” Louis pouted, grabbing Harry’s hand

“But it’s almost midnight, and they’re closing the café” Harry reasoned with him, raising his eyebrows

“But this is one of the best dates we’ve ever been to, and I don’t want it to end” Louis said looking at their intertwined hands

“Who said it will end?” Harry said with a seductive tone on his voice.

That made Louis lift his eyes up, to meet Harry’s again. He sensed what Harry was implying, and he liked the idea very much. He smirked at Harry, who wiggled his eyebrows, and then chuckled when Louis winked at him.

“On a second thought… maybe we should leave” Louis said, waving at the waiter so he could pay.

Harry kept giving Louis seductive looks, and Louis kept gulping at the sight as he paid the waiter for the drinks and cakes. It was the best thing to end a perfect date like this.

When they were out of the café, Louis grabbed Harry’s hand and started pulling him towards the car. They were chuckling and giggling as they ran, when they saw two people standing if front of Louis’ car. They frowned and slowed their pace until they came to a full halt.

“Excuse me, but can you move. That’s my car and we’re leaving!” Louis said feeling a bit scared at the way the two looked. They looked like they were part of a gang, and were the types who fought a lot and deal ed with drugs.

Louis didn’t want to have to do with people like them, but he had a feeling that something would happen.  He took a step forward and hid Harry behind him, even though he knew that it would be no use if the boys would attack them, they would just reach Louis first.

Harry noticed how Louis tensed, so he squeezed his hand tighter for a moment, getting ready to run if Louis told him.

Just then, one of the boys that was leaning against the car, pushed himself to stand straight, and took a couple of steps forward. When the light hit his face Louis gasped.

“Hey Louis, long time no see” he smirked, stuffing his hands in his jean pockets.

“W-what are y-you d-doing here?”  Louis stuttered, taking a step back, his back pressing against Harry’s chest.

“I think you forgot that you own me something!” The boy said quietly, a threatening tone on his voice.

Louis eyes widened, as he stared at the slightly taller boy in front of him. He gulped squeezing Harry’s hand, to sign him that they had to run away.

Harry turned to run and started pulling Louis with him for a few steps, when more people appeared in front of him. Harry yelped slightly looking around and seeing that they were stuck.  Boys around the same age as them were surrounding them and there was no escape.

Harry shut his eyes tight as he felt Louis wrap one of his arms around him. He was shaking out of fear, even though he had lived in the streets for years, and had seen many fights like this. But this was scarier, there were around 20 people around them, and they were only two. There was no one on the streets, so there was no chance that someone could help them.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk Louis” The leader shook his head “You can’t run away from me”

“Okay, okay I won’t run away but please let Harry go” Louis begged, his voice weak

The leader took a few steps closer to the couple, and Harry flinched looking at his feet. He didn’t want to leave Louis here on his own, even if there was a chance that he could get killed.