Chapter 5

Hey guys your writer is back with the longest chapter
Hope you enjoy reading do read the note at the end of the story ###############

It was midnight when Aarav woke up and went out. He saw none in the living room and went to the manan room to see them sleeping. He went to Nandini and kissed on her cheek and went out. He came into the living room and was leaving the house when Nandini reached upto him and asked him where he is going to which he said he is leaving this house which shocked Nandini.
She was crying after listening this and confront him to which he said that his friends told him that he is a adopted child and none will love him and also told him that his dad don't come to drop him like there dad because he don't love him. To which her head shot up and she told him that his dad also loves him and wiped his tears who was crying while saying all this. And his friends also told them how there was a boy studying with them who has left coming to school because his adopted parents don't love him. They are very strict, scold them, and also beat them.

Nandini was shocked to hear this. She was on the verge of crying and told him they love him. She felt hurt and asked him to not leave the house she can't leave without him and started crying.

While she was confronting Aarav she saw Manik standing there with his head down. He had tears in his eyes. He now was feeling guilty about being so strict towards his son.

Nandini confronted him and asked him to sleep and they will talk about this in the morning.

Manik also heard this and silently went inside their room and pretended to sleep.
Nandini took Aarav with her and made him sleep on her chest. She was hurt by Manik 's behaviour towards Aarav and now after hearing Aarav she is more hurt and scared that Aarav will leave her. She now thought to confront her Manik tomorrow morning anyhow. Thinking all this she also drifted to sleep.

##############
Next morning

Nandini woke up at her usual time and did her morning chores. After that she woke up Aarav and helped him to take his bath and she made him wear his casual clothes as she is scared to send him anywhere because of yesterday's event.
They both went downstairs and did Pooja. After that she asked Aarav to go and complete his homework and she went to the kitchen to look after the breakfast.

After half an hour, Manik also woke up and got ready for the office and went downstairs. He met Kartik who was coming downstairs after getting ready for college.

Nandini with the help of a butler arranged the breakfast table and called everyone to have breakfast. She served Manik and Kartik and served her and Aarav's breakfast on the same plate and started feeding her. Manik was noticing all the activities of Aarav and Nandini. He tried to talk with Nandini but she was ignoring him.

After breakfast Kartik left for college and Manik was going to the office when he asked Aarav to come with him and drop him off at his school.
To which Nandini told him he isn't going to school today and she is also not going to hospital as she has got leave for both of them. Manik asked her why, to which she just shrugged her shoulders and ignored him and took Aarav with her to their room. Manik also left for office. He reached the office a little bit late because of the traffic and started walking towards his cabin. After sometime his pa came and told him his schedule which is hectic till the afternoon. After that he doesn't have much work but he has to attend back to back meetings till lunch time.
While on the other hand Nandini made Aarav do his drawing and was lost in thinking about yesterday's event. She was so lost that she didn't hear Aarav calling her. She came out of her thinking when Aarav shook her and asked what happened mumma, to which she said nothing and he showed her a drawing of a family. She again got lost thinking will Manik be like this to Aarav then what will she do. Neither she wants Aarav to go anywhere nor does she want Manik's behaviour towards Aarav.
Aarav again shook her and told her that he was hungry so she saw that it was already the time for lunch. She went down and arranged the lunch prepared by the butler and came to her room after instructing them to send Manik's lunch with the help of the driver.
They have their lunch and in office Manik also has his lunch.
Time passed and it was evening and Kartik had returned from college and was playing with Aarav who demanded him to take him to the park which he after telling Nandini took Aarav with him to the park.
As Manik didn't have much work he returned home earlier and saw that Nandini was lost thinking about something. He went near her and shook her while she looked at him and asked him about his early arrival today. To which he said he didn't have much work today so he returned home. After that she got him water and asked him to freshen up and decided to confront him after he came down after freshen up.
After 15 mins he came down and sat beside Nandini on the couch sipping his earl grey tea. Nandini started to interrogate him about his behaviour towards Aarav. She asked him why he is so rude to him and also asked him if he was the one who convinced her to adopt him after his parents advice then what happened now. To which he just looked at her for a second and averted his gaze from her and said it's nothing Jaan and was about to get up when Nandini held his hand and again asked him the same question and told him how Aarav was afraid that they don't love him and will beat him and how he was about to leave the house. After listening to this he looked at her to see her having tears in her eyes. She pleaded with her eyes to tell him the reason.
They again sat down on the couch and Manik started to tell her how happy he was when he adopted Aarav. He was going to be a father. There will be someone who will call him dad. But after sometime when he started to be insecure, he was not able to see how she had divided her time between them and he was scared that he might end up sending Aarav away from them to which she sobbed badly. At first he was the only one who used to have her all attention on him. Nandini was crying silently while listening to Manik.
She sobbed loudly and listening to her sobbing and sniffing he went near her and hugged and she also hugged him sobbing in his chest.
While sobbing she said "she was giving her attention to Aarav so he doesn't feel left out and she was not ignoring or dividing her attention but it was necessary as they have to make him comfortable here with them and for him to accept them as his parents and our family."
Likewise Nandini made him understand and he after listening to her was very guilty to treat his son like that and tears were flowing out from his eyes as he was crying silently while listening to her. She was shocked seeing him so vulnerable and guilty was clearly evident in his eyes. He was crying and sobbing while saying sorry and asking her to forgive him.

(Image them as manan) She consoled him and asked him to freshen up and to talk with Aarav and behave with him nicely and patiently as he was getting all wrong and was thinking of leaving the house

She consoled him and asked him to freshen up and to talk with Aarav and behave with him nicely and patiently as he was getting all wrong and was thinking of leaving the house.
After this he went to freshen up while she also went into the kitchen to see whether the dinner was ready or not. Not before making herself presentable. While she was in kitchen instructing the butlers about setting up the dinner on the dining table Aarav came running to her shouting mumma mumma and she happily picked him up and went out in the living room to see kartik sitting on the sofa and Smurfy was playing with a ball in the living room. She asked the butler to give him water. When they saw Manik coming downstairs and as he looked at Aarav a small curved form on his lips.
He went to them and sat on the couch and softly called Aarav's name. After listening to his name he looked at his mother who nodded to him and told him to go.
He with slow and baby steps went to him who picked him up and made him sit on his lap. Aarav was happy as well as scared, sensing his fear Manik told him that he will not scold him and he gave him a big dairy milk chocolate which was Aarav's favourite chocolate. Aarav looked at his mother who was also looking at them while sitting beside Kartik who was looking at them with a confused face.
Nandini slightly nodded her head looking at him then he took that chocolate from him saying "thank you dad". Manik also saw the hesitation of Aarav and once again was drowned in the pool of guilt while his eyes turned moist.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Note : sorry for the late update
Your writers request that I'm sry as I won't be able to give next update soon but i will try being a medical student its very hard to manage my time and on top of that my finals are on 2nd June.
Hope you all are doing well.

Please do vote and comment and let me know your thoughts in the comments section and if you guys want to read any particular scene in coming chapters.

Next chapter after 200+votes and 50+ comments
I know I'm being selfish but until the target completes I won't give update as I will get time to write which I think I surely will manage anyhow to write next chapter.