Chapter 4: A Conversation with a ghost.

                                                      Shan’s P.O.V

           I decided to get all this ghost business out of my mind. Today is October 29th. I am turning seventeen tomorrow. I got up of my bed and went downstairs for breakfast. “Morning Honey,” my mom said as I sat down at kitchen table and stared down at my penguin pajamas. I opened my mouth then I closed it. I should ask… I thought. “Mom, do you believe in ghost?” I asked still looking down. I didn’t dare look into her eyes. “Hmmm you know,” My mom said flipping a pancake on the pan. “I have thought about an answer to that question many times.” My mom was a scientist and my dad was a math teacher. So I was surrounded my smart people. “Paranormal activity is well unproven. I’m sure that it will stay like that, but my answer is, Yes.” My mom said looking grave. “But, I don’t believe that’s what happens when we die, if we have unfinished business and we die or we need revenge or something than yes, ghost are real.” I didn’t like that word “revenge” “Well,” I said looking up now wanting to change the subject. “Are those chocolate or plain?” I knew the answer but I asked anyways. “Chocolate, Of course.” My mom said with a smile. “Good. Thanks mom,” I added as she put down a plate. “No thanks to you, you could have made these yourself.” My mom said with a smile.  I laughed. “That is NOT happening.” I said eating my food.  Jana came bursting in grabbed a pancake then went into the bathroom. “Jana don’t bring food in the bathroom!” my mom yelled after her but she was already gone. “Shan, Go get her Please,” I sighed with annoyance and started towards the bathroom. “Jana,” I said walking in the bathroom. I gasped; I closed the door so mom wouldn’t come. “Shan, she is my new best friend.” Jana said with a smile. Sara was there looking at us with her solemn, empty, eyes. Sara smiled wickedly. I could tell it was forced. “This is just too freaky,” I grabbed Jana wrist. “She’s not your friend,” I said but Jana didn’t listen. “Oh Shan, she so sad, she can’t even talk! She has to write on the fog. I learned SO many things about her! She is fourteen, she even has a boyfriend, Shan! His name is Sam he is seventeen.” Jana rambled on and on about Sara. “Seventeen?” I shivered. That’s MY about to be age… “Yes, seventeen!” Jana said impatiently. “Jana lets go,” I steered her out and walked back to the kitchen.  Ding Dong!  Our doorbell rang. “Honey, will you get that?” my mom asked. “Yes, Sure,” I muttered my head was spinning. I opened the door. “Shan! Hey you look beautiful!” A guy outside my door that I swear I had NEVER seen in my life. He was about nineteen. My mom came up. “Oh hi, Logan.” My mom said randomly. I shook my head towards her. Who was Logan?! “Hello, I’m here for our date.” He said smiling ear to ear. “Sorry my mom is already married,” I said trying to close the door but he stopped me. “No! haha what a charm! I’m here for Shan Brooks, which I believe is YOU.” He said. I looked at my mom she was smiling too. “Uh no, I’m not interested creeper.” I said trying to shut the door again but this time my mom caught me. “Haha honey, this is a early birthday present to you,” my mom said. Logan winked. “Ugh, YOU SET ME ON A BLIND DATE! Oh gosh, no thanks.” I said. My mom smiled nervously. “Honey, your being rude, Go put on something nice.” My mom said.  My jaw opened. This is SO stupid! I thought.  “Now.” My mom said. I grunted and went upstairs. I threw on a T-shirt and jeans. “What?!” I snapped as my mom looked madly at me. “I said something ‘nice’” my mom complained. “This IS nice.” I protested. “NOW. And don’t make me say it again.” I frowned and went back upstairs. I went through my clothes and found my ruffle purple top and my black jeans. I slipped it on and went back down. “Happy?!” I asked as I got to the bottom of the stairs. “I was HOPING that you wear a dress… but yes, its fine.” My mom said. “Fine indeed.” Logan said. I made a look of disgust but my mom didn’t notice it as we walked out of my house and towards Logan’s car. He sat on the drivers seat and I jumped in the back. “Aren’t ya gonna sit up front?” He asked. “No.” I snapped as we drove of towards some restaurant.

                                                  Shan’s P.O.V

When I got home I felt sick. He had tried to kiss me and I had stuffed spaghetti in his mouth. I laughed at the thought of that and went up to my room. My feet ached because he had made me walk home because I wouldn’t kiss him. I sat down on my bed and thought for a moment. Jana just CAN’T be friends with Sara. I have to do something. I fell asleep that night thinking up a plan.

Writer's comment: sry its SO short!!! I will probably upload Friday night so i can write ALOT. Plz comment and vote!!!!!!!!!! :D