The Bucket List Pt. 1

•Dreamwastaken•

For now this will be a dream fanfic, after it's finished it will be turned into a book (with real characters) :))

Also idk Dream's last name so I made one up

Ur both 17 in this btw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The summer of 2022 was supposed to be spent by the pool, occasionally flirting with the lifeguards. Maybe a few party's. And maybe a few other outings.

Never in a million years did I think I would have spent the summer with Clay Holden helping him complete a stupid bucket list, but that's exactly what happened.

I also never thought it would be the best summer of my life, and once again I was wrong.

Clay Holden wasn't a stranger, but he wasn't nessacarily someone I knew either. The dirty blonde boy who always did his capitol E's in cursive (I literally mean always) has always interested me, mostly because I knew nothing about him. That's not saying much though, nobody did.

I never knew when I signed that paper I was signing away my heart, it certainly was never my intention.

Part one
The Bucket List

Angelwood Library

Y/n's POV

Reading had always been one of my fondest hobbies. Getting sucked into a completely different world for hours at a time was almost heaven.

Books could make you forget what was going on in the real world. School, parents, and even boys, were washed away with a turn of a page.

That's why I always loved libraries, they were like time machines.

This was the first time I'd been to the library all summer. The previous days had been spent by the pool side.

"Are you ok?," A faintly familiar dirty blonde boy asks me.

"Oh I'm ya, why?".

"Well you're kind of just staring off into space, infact you've been doing that for quite some time now." He laughs. He's surrounded by books, paper, a green pen, and a singular pencil.

My face heats up from embarrassment.

"My name's Y/n," I say sticking my hand out.

"I'm Clay," He responds. I already knew his name, everyone in town knew his name. He was always alone, he always kept to himself with his head hung low. He never seemed particularly happy, but he didn't seem sad either.

"What are you writing?," I ask curiously, immediately regretting my decision. Whatever he was writing was none of my business.

"A bucket list," He says rubbing the back of his neck, almost as if he's embarrassed to admit what he's writing.

"What do you have so far," I ask him as I sit on the opposite side of the table. He smiles and pushes the paper towards me.

"Take a look".

(Pretend it isn't already signed

(Pretend it isn't already signed. And pretend it says ur name, that's for the actual book)

"You have rules?".

"Why wouldn't I have rules?," he asks.

"Because it's a bucket list, bucket lists aren't supposed to have rules," I say sarcastically.

"Well this is an important bucket list".

"That's a bit much, don't you think?".

"You're the one with 5 romance books, most likely used to cope with your loneliness, do you really want insult my list?," He asks with a chuckle.

"Touche." I smile.

"Why are your capitol E's in cursive when nothing else is?" I laugh. It was odd, but cute.

"That's just how I do things, Ms. I like to judge everything".

"Well aren't you sassy." I laugh.

"It's one of my best traits," he smirks, taking a sip of his water.

"These seem like simple things, can't you do these anytime?," I ask.

"Well ya but, one of the rules is I can't do it alone".

"Do you have someone to do it with?".

"No," He says embarrassed. His cheeks turn a light pink, the pinkish color made his light brown freckles more noticeable.

"Well, now you do," I say with a wide smile. It was either this or spending the summer with people who really didn't care about me. This seemed like the better option.

"What?".

"I'll do it with you".

He gives me a smile and his green eyes brighten.

"You have to sign," He says pointing to the bottom of the paper. He didn't even seem to take time to consider what he was getting himself into. He didn't even know me, but that didn't seem to bother him.

"I have to sign it?".

"I have to make sure you don't drop out halfway through," He says motioning towards the green pen.

I laugh before signing my name, I add a small smiley face after I finish.

"So, when do we start Clay?".

"Right now".

"Right now?,"

"That is if you don't have anything to do," he adds.

"Nope," I say slightly shaking my head.

"We better get started then".

"What are we doing first?".

"Number one: Go on a Pinic

At the time I didn't realize it but that was the start of a summer I would never forget.

The start of a friendship I would never forget.

The start of something that would leave me with memories that could never be forgotten.

It was the only summer I truly lived, the only time I truly felt alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaahhhhh hhii guys

This was rly fun to write ngl

It was a shorter than I wanted it to be but oh well

I have so many ideas, I already know the ending will be quite sad but- I can't spoil it

R u excited for part 2?

Word Count: 918
May 24, 2022