06:Goodbye

The alarm blared as Emma slowly opened her eyes sighting the  rays of light that peeked through the window.

"Morning already?"

"Yep." Her mum responded from the door wearing a lovely smile.

"Get ready sweetheart."

"Oh yeah!" She shot up realizing they had to set out early for her dad to return on time.

"And why was mum smiling so brightly? I'm leaving today, aren't I? So what's happening-"

Dismissing the thought, she quickly got into the bathroom to take a shower. Moments later she was done and was getting dressed.

Doing a final check of the room and of course, herself in the mirror she took her suitcase and began to descend down the stairs with it.

"What are you doing Em?" Her mum asked trying to take the suitcase from her.

"You should let your brother carry this. It's too heavy for you."

"No mum I can handle it. I'm almost there and by the way-"

She slowly let out a deep breath.

"Today's the day. Alisa- I just don't want to bother him."

She said in a breath.

"Goodness! No!" Mrs Blake exclaimed, hand over her mouth in shock.

"Why? How? I totally forgot. With all this drama going on, you leaving, work and all-

She paused and cupped her daughter's cheeks. Tears stinging her eyes as she tried to hold them back.

"You remembered. You do know this is one of the reasons I am going to miss you right? My little pumpkin."

"Mum don't get all mushy on me now-" Emma teased pouting cutely.

"Ok. Ok ok before I start tearing up," she said fanning her eyes.

"But you know what Em? Your brother's stronger than you- than we think. That incident isn't man enough to bring him down. He'll get through this." She said wearing a sad smile.

"After all that's what she would have wanted for him. Soon enough, he'll come to realize that fact." She added in an airy voice but quickly sniffed wiping her tears away trying to return to her normal cheerful self.

She shouldn't be crying so early in the morning. Not today or at least for the next few days. She needed to be some sort of strength for her son.

"Come and get your breakfast ok?"

Finally settling the luggage on leveled ground, Emma walked towards the dining table and took a seat ready to devour the meal before her.

Halfway done, her mum suddenly called her to the sitting area.

"Matthew!!!" She excitedly jumped and hugged him tightly.

"You're up! What-what are you doing up this early? I thought you were still asleep. You should get some rest or something you know." She added smiling but obviously the happiness on her face betrayed her words.

"I was, but you don't expect me to let you go just like that now do you." He snuggled her a bit before letting go.

Taking gentle hold of her shoulders as she stood expectantly, he whispered into her ear and spun her round.

"One more thing. Got you a goodbye present."

"Rosie?!!" She didn't realize she was already hugging her tightly.