144 | Confession No. 4

"MR. AUGUSTUS, RIGHT THIS way please." A tall man says as Augustus Kierspe, a former member of Paradox who is now a humble management head in their company, steps out of the elevator with a bright smile on his face. He was at the Sinclaire Corporation after the incident that happened to one of their restaurants the other day. As the management head, Augustus was supposed to fire everyone who worked during that shift, but after hearing Max's conditions, he was forced to let them stay.

     "Can't believe that fucking brat called me here just because his stomach became upset after having one meal," Augustus annoying thought to himself as he continued walking down the long hallway. "Well, I know his cousin Don, so he won't really be able to do anything to me. Maybe I'll even teach that kid a lesson for embarrassing our company like that," Augustus then adds with a smug look on his face, confident that Max wouldn't be able to do anything with the help of their old leader, Donato Sinclaire.

     "Mr. Augustus, sir Maximilian is waiting for you inside." The man says and Augustus immediately changed his expression into his business-like smile.

     "Thank you," he says with a friendly tone, but as soon as he looked away, he rolled his eyes and went inside the room where Max was supposed to be in.

     When the door closed behind him, he saw Max sitting in front of his desk with a serious look on his face. Augustus was honestly surprised at how big Max's office was because it was even bigger than his father's office, but Augustus pretended like he didn't care at all.

     "Mr. Sinclaire, it is my honor to be in your pre—"

     "Sit down," Max commands, cutting Augustus off.

     Augustus got irritated by the unwelcoming attitude, but he keeps it all in and kept his fake smile on before taking a seat in front of Max. He didn't want to follow orders from someone younger than him, but it was clear that this was Max's territory. It wouldn't be wise to do anything Max might not like.

     When Augustus was finally in his seat, he looks at Max and asked him, "I heard from Mr. Renaldo that you wouldn't be pressing any charges. First, I would like to personally thank you for—"

    "I called you here for a different reason," Max says, cutting him off again.

     Augustus grits his teeth in anger, but he still tries to calm himself down before saying, "I-Is that so...then may I ask what it could be so we wouldn't be wasting any of our time here?"

     Max looks straight at Augustus, examining him from head to toe. One look already made Max realize that Augustus had a foul personality. He was arrogant and confident in the wrong ways. He was someone Max would have definitely hated if he was still in J.S High.

     "You were a member of the brotherhood Paradox, correct?" Max finally asks, and the mere mention of that name instantly made Augustus smirk.

     "Oh, so you've heard. You're in J.S High now right? I guess it's only natural that people would still talk about us. We were the kings back then after all," Augustus says with a proud look on his face that almost made Max laugh.

     "Yes, I did hear a lot about you. I also heard that during your last reign, a bunch of freshmen students...rookie brotherhoods to be more specific...beat you guys in the reranking, which was why you were no longer the kings when you all graduated," Max then tells him, and Augustus's expression once again changed.

     "I heard everyone celebrated when you lost too. I guess Paradox really was an amazing brotherhood," Max sarcastically adds, adding more fuel to the fire.