Epilogue

Adora stared around the empty room with hands on her hips. She sighed. She knew the room wouldn't stay empty for long, that Angella was going to move her own work in here and most likely work with some local artists to continue the paint nights. Still, she felt bittersweet as each painting and picture came off the wall. All except the massive heart painting which Angella insisted stay here. Since this was "The Heart" after all, and a piece of Adora should remain there always. Her real beating heart ached at that reminder, her eyes welling up not for the first time that day. She would miss this studio very much but was grateful for the last few months of pure painting time and time to spend with just her and Catra.

"Hey," Catra whispered, stepping into the room as if summoned by thought and sliding her arms around Adora, cradling her from behind. She rested her chin at Adora's shoulder who responded by nudging her head back, closing her eyes to feel the warmth of her girlfriend's embrace. "Remember this desk?" Catra whispered, giving a wicked side eye that made the other smirk.

"As if I could forget," Adora whispered back, turning slightly to run a hand along Catra's jaw line, pulling her chin up towards her. "But remind me anyways." Catra hummed in agreement, giving a curt nod before pulling Adora to her, kissing her deeply. "I think you were here," Catra led her without letting go, her lips still parting and unparting as they kissed.

She seated her along the edge of the desk, pressing herself between Adora's legs. Catra's gaze was hungry as she stared down her partner. "And then you gave me that look," She smirked and Adora didn't look away, instead letting Catra see exactly what thought process was spiraling through her brain. How much she wanted her and continued to want her. Catra's sharp nails scratched lightly at Adora's temple and down her cheek, pushing Adora's hair back. Adora did the same in return, watching Catra's jaw clench. The small act sent butterflies through her stomach and an ache down her legs.

"I love you," Catra whispered, between soft tangled kisses on Adora's lips before reaching for her cheek and just slightly lower to her neck.

"I love you too," Adora confirmed, allowing her eyes to fall shut to feel what this moment was, to be present. Goosebumps travelled down her arm at the light touch of a tongue near her ear.

"Ehem."

Adora's eyes snapped open, but Catra held on, slowly turning her attention to the intruder, looking rather annoyed. Glimmer stood in the doorway, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. She shook her head. "Can you two keep it in your pants for 5 minutes?"

"No," Adora and Catra said together.

Glimmer threw her hands up. "Okay great. I regret asking."

The couple chuckled and Catra finally released Adora, although not without giving her a look that said, We will continue this later. Adora raised her eyebrows mischievously before turning back to Glimmer. She was taking in the room the way Adora had just minutes before, looking sadly towards the bare walls that she had helped clean up. When her eyes fell on the heart painting she smiled. "So this is really it, huh?" Glimmer sniffed, "You're leaving."

"You know you left first, right?" Adora rolled her eyes, "And also that now I will be closer to you?"

"I know it's just," Glimmer wiped under her eyes, "The end of an era!" Suddenly Glimmer was in Adora's arms. Adora comforted her, running a hand through pink hair as half of it smacked her in the face.

As ridiculous as it was for Glimmer to be sad about Adora following her and Catra back to New York, she agreed was the end of an era. This store was Angella and her child and the place she had first met Glimmer. It was also where Glimmer met her now fiancé. The ring still freshly gleamed from Glimmer's finger. She liked to call it her "Backup Glimmer" in case anyone forgot how much she sparkled. Adora's chest ached again. Catra usually rolled her eyes.