Chapter 18

I fluttered my eyes open but closed them immediately feeling the lighting making me blind. My head felt heavy maybe because of anesthesia? Licking my lips I tried once again and this time it was a success. The moment those eyes opened the only thing I wanted to see was Jimin. Nothing else felt important. Nothing else was important.

"J-Jimin?", I susurrated, catching the attention of my mother in law who was sleeping holding my hand. "You are awake!", she tried to sound jolly but something felt off. "Where is Jimin?", I interrogated and I could see her gobbling the lump.

"Mom where is he?", I tried again in an attempt to get an answer but to my surprise she kept quiet. My heart was now clouded with worry.

"Mom?", I held her hand but she took it back making my eyes tear up. I attempted to sit but whimpered in pain making her look at me in horror. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?", she yelled, for the first time and I shivered. "STAY IN THE SAME POSITION WHILE I'LL CALL THE DOCTOR", I nodded timidly as she went out to call the doctor.

"How are you feeling now Mrs. Park?", the doctor took a seat beside my bed but made sure his eyes never came in contact with mine. Everything was making me uneasy and jittery. Were they trying to avoid me?

"I am... I am feeling better", I passed him a tight smile to which he nodded and scribbled something in his notepad. My doe eyes stared at the door waiting for the man I was the most eager to meet. Park Jimin. Where was he? Why wasn't he here still? Did he forget me?

"Doc, where is Jimin?", I looked at him with hopeful eyes wanting to hear something good. "I", he paused in the middle of his sentence making my heart beat crazily, "...I don't know Mrs. Park."

My brows corrugated in confusion and I turned to look at my mom, "Where is Jimin mom?", I asked her for the forth time but still she was trying to escape my question.

"I ASKED YOU SOMETHING MRS. PARK? WHERE THE HELL IS MY HUSBAND?!"

She looked at me with wide eyes and I realized what I did. I could never raise my voice at her. I did such a sin. She looked disappointed, scared, sad and guilty. Something wasn't going right.

"Jimin...", she stopped while my heart thumped wildly against my ribs, "... Jimin is on a business trip."

My heart broke into millions of pieces. My husband was at a trip? His wife was fighting for her life here and he preferred his business over her? How could he be so cruel? Was his every promise a lie? All I could think off at the moment was we need to talk.