Chapter 3

I coughed like crazy. My heart was hurting so much that now at this point I just wanted to give up but... I wanted to stay alive for Jimin. 8 days and 14 hours since I last saw him. He had sent words home that he was on a business trip. A trip which was more important to him than his dying wife? Nevermind.

 As warm tears slipped down my cheeks, I felt a soft hand wiping them. My mother-in-law. She is such a great woman. Always by my side whether good times or bad. I still remember how happy she was when Jimin kissed me on the aisle, marking me as his wife and also how she was the saddest person when I was diagnosed with Arrhythmia. A condition in which the heart beats irregularly, either too fast or too slow.

I was so horrified when I got to know about it. Fearing what if one day beating slowly it stopped altogether? What if one day my heartbeats no more scream Jimin's name? What if one day I slept and never woke up? What if one day the beats finished forever? What if one day there will be no Jimin beside me?

Out of all this the thought that scared me the most was what if after I was gone, Jimin forgets me?

"I don't want to die", I begged, with quivering lips and trembling hands looking at my mother-in-law. My cries were so deadly that everyone present in the room had tears in their eyes now, " P-Please I don't want to die", I tightened my hold over her wrinkled yet beautiful hands, "Save me p-please."

~

I pressed my fingers against my forehead and slowly opened my eyes wondering where I was? Was I dead now? My ears pricked as I heard the heartbeat monitor. Oh so they saved me again. I tried to smile but the smile didn't reach my eyes. Why wasn't I happy after getting to know that I can see Jimin again?... Was it because there was no Jimin in the first place?

I was trailed out of my thoughts as the door opened and the doctor walked in with someone I had been waiting to see for so long. The doctor walked closer to me taking my hand in his and checking my pulse but I was all lost in the beauty of the man who stood at the door still as handsome as he looked on the first day I saw him in college. His right hand was tucked well in his pocket and the left held his phone as his eyes were glued to the screen. Oh Jesus, how much I was envying that phone right now.

"You are doing great now Mrs. Park", the doctor smiled at me as I slowly dragged my gaze from my husband to him. I smiled back, "Thank you", he nodded his head fixing his coat and walked up to Jimin who looked up at him. They started to talk about something but I couldn't hear anything except, "We are still searching for a compatible donor", and suddenly the spark that started to grow in my eyes after getting to know I am alive and Jimin is standing right in front of me died down.

I smiled a fake smile as Jimin sat on the stool next to my bed, "Where were you for so long?", I questioned him even though I knew what he was gonna say, " On a business trip", I nodded looking at my lap feeling drained out of every single inch of energy but then asked him, "Do you love me?"

"I do", he replied, making me fall for him even harder all over again.