Chapter 7

I was laughing watching a drama when suddenly I felt a tingling sensation on my back. I knew the scent. It was my Jimin. He was finally back.

Standing up from my place, I turned towards him excitedly and pulled him in a bone crushing hug as he hugged me back. My eyes watered up as I started feeling overwhelmed in his embrace. Why was I the one with such a cruel fate? Why would I have to leave him and die? Breaking the hug he cupped my cheeks and wiped the traces of the tears giving me his angelic smile, "Don't cry Chaerin." Shaking my head in denial, I returned to him a beautiful smile, "I-I will not until you stay by my side."

The room had a comfortable silence and only the hitting of a spoon on the surface of the plates could be heard. It had been a while since we both sat like this, eating together. We never got to know when we grew so distant.

I never failed to steal glances of him, trying my best to not make it look obvious. I felt happy. Genuinely happy after so many hard days of life. Suddenly he broke the silence, "I know I am handsome but no need to look at me secretly." That's it. My cheeks turned red as if they would blast any moment and I choked on my food making him chuckle. Passing me a glass of water, he stroked my back laughing slightly, "W-Why are you laughing?", I managed to say, catching my breaths back, making him laugh more, "You are so funny."

~

Sitting in the balcony we decided to gaze at the stars till midnight. This had always been our favorite couple task since the days we were dating.

He gently laid his head on my lap, making me look at him, "What happened? Aren't you feeling well Jimin?" He shook his head, passing me a small smile, "I miss us."

Stroking his silky beautiful hair, I fixated my eyes at the farthest point in the dark sky. The night looked beautiful. The stars showed how close we grow to each other in a short span of time. Small yet strong. How much we need the light of each other to keep on going, to keep on loving. They showed how people walk in our lives and make it a beautiful constellation. How they add beauty to despair. My vision turned blurry at the thought of being a black star. A star which would make Jimin's life ugly.

How broken he would be after my demise.

"Jimin?", I called out to him as he hummed, still looking at the stars, "Did they find a donor?", my heart was thumping loudly. I wanted to live longer. I wanted to live closer to him. "No", he said in a monotonous voice, crashing all my hopes of surviving and a sob left my mouth, "T-Then I will die soon", without my knowledge I uttered the words making him sit up and look at me worriedly, "N-No", he whispered but my mind had blocked everything for the moment.

All I could imagine was me lying lifeless soon, Jimin crying endlessly soon and our promises thrown away shattered soon.

"Chaerin", he softly held my cold hands and leaned in, pecking my lips, "You will survive. Please live for me."