Chapter 13

DAY-4: RECREATING OUR FIRST DATE

I rubbed my eyes as the sunlight hit my face. Yawning, the first thing I did was to turn around and look at the sleeping figure of my husband. I cooed at the sight of him looking adorable, his hair fell partially at his eyes, mouth open a little, hands closed in fist holding the duvet tightly closer to his chest, legs crossed beneath the duvet and the collar bone visible as he left the first two buttons of his shirt open. He scrunched his nose and licked the lips before opening his eyes, "Good morning", he wished with his morning voice as I smiled and pecked his nose making him smile too, "Good morning chim."

He turned to look at the time as lazily got off the bed, "Go and get ready. My surprise is waiting for you", I nodded and obediently went to the bathroom in the guestroom.

Drying my hair with a white towel, I strolled out of the bathroom in a bathrobe but my eyes widened seeing the dress at the bed. Halting the activity, I ran towards the bed and picked up the dress with curious eyes.

"This dress?", my eyes landed on a note kept beside as I licked my lips and picked it up, "Do you remember it? It's the dress you wore on our first date :) Come down wearing this and make sure your hair and make up is done the same way you did on our first date Chae."

My hair swayed against my hips as I walked down the stairs in the sky blue dress with minimal makeup and black heels.

He stood up from his seat seeing me, approaching him and passed me a small smile, "You look beautiful." Holding me by my waist, he placed a peck on my forehead before walking towards our car.

"What are we gonna do?", I questioned, staring outside the window.

"Recreate our first date."

I choked on my saliva as he laughed and patted my back.

"WHAT?!"

He looked at me for a millisecond before focusing on the road again, "Umm... where do you want to go first?", he asked, just like he did on our first date and I continued to gawk at him before finally giving in. "What about we go for an ice cream?", he nodded and I slowly placed my right hand over his, "Don't be nervous Jimin, it's just a date-", he cut me off.

"It's our first date Chaerin."

He pulled up the car in a lane and walked out the car towards my door and opened it like a gentleman. "Let's go", he gently held my hand and trudged me to his favorite ice cream parlor.

"Two Vanilla fudge ripple", I looked at him surprised. "You still remember?", he smiled at me and took me to the same table we sat on our first date, "I remember everything."

"Can I- can I hold your hand?", he stuttered making me laugh. "Why are you acting exactly the same?", he pouted and looked at me with narrow eyes, "Don't you dare. I had practiced this so much." I pinched his cheeks as he squealed in pain. "Okay my baby mochi." I held his hand just like that day and he became shy.

Strolling by the side of the Han river we talked about our college days, "You are very beautiful Chaerin", I blushed and looked at the ground. "Y-You are very handsome too." He stopped suddenly making me look at him and suddenly he pecked my lips.

"That was my first kiss!"

I jumped at my placed with a pout and he acted all shy and faced the river. I grabbed his arm and harshly pulled him towards me, "Chaer-", before he could say anything I cut him off, just like I did that day, placing my lips over his. He responded in no seconds and we moved our lips in a sync. There was no lust but pure love. Every passing second reminded me of that day. Our first kiss and I hung my hands around his nape and he placed his hands around my waist. Closing our eyes we inhaled our scents and devoured every single inch of love we had for each other.

"Where do you want to go now?", he asked me, placing his hand across my shoulders. "What about we go there?", I said, pointing towards a man sitting on a stool surrounded by hundreds of pictures.

"You still remember?", he looked at me with lovely eyes, "I remember everything Jimin."

"Can you click our picture just like this?", Jimin asked the owner showing his phone, "You want to recreate it?", he looked at him as he smiled. "Yeah", he nodded understanding and smiled at him, "Then get ready with the pose."

As Jimin sat on a wooden stool, I sat on his lap with legs across his waist. Our lips brushed as we rested our forehead against each other. Jimin raised his right hand and caressed my hair and at the same moment we heard a click.

I was on his back just like that day. I was tired and he was giving me a piggy back.

"You must be tired too Chim", he shook his head in denial, "I don't want my girlfriend to say that her boyfriend is not strong." I laughed, very loudly, very cheerfully, a very genuine laugh, after so many days.

"I love you Chaerin", he said out of the blue making me stop and smile at him. I bend down to the level of his temple and placed a kiss, "I love you too Chim."

~

"Why did you tie this?", I was annoyed when he wrapped a blindfold around my eyes and I am sure he was enjoying my state, "Jimin please remove this. I... yeah I am scared", I blabbered gibberish, making him laugh, "Oh really? Then let me tell you with Chim by your side no ghost can dare to touch his girlfriend."

I held his hand and pinched it, "I am your wife now stop this. Let's go home. I am sleepy", he pinched me back as I screamed in pain."NO. YOU FATTY!"

My eyes widened as I smack his head, "YOU SHORTY SHUT THE FUC-", he pecked my lips cutting me off in the middle, "No cursing."

The blindfold slid down from my face to the ground as I stood there with mouth opened agape, "J-Jimin", I whispered as he held my hand in his warm one. "Yes Chaerin", he pressed my hand and walked with me forward, closer to our destination.

Pulling the chair for me, he took his seat after placing our orders for the dinner, "The weather is nice today", he started and I nodded while looking at the shining city of Seoul from the rooftop.

"You look very beautiful today", I tugged my hair strand behind the ear and without glancing him replied, "It's the 26th time you are saying this to me", he looked away, flustered, making me shake my head at his cute face.

We stood by the railings staring at the beautiful full moon. No one was speaking and the silence didn't feel awkward. Everything felt new. Our love felt new.

The breeze hit my face making my hair strands dance in the moonlight. The dress looked ethereal underneath the moonlight and my man? He looked like an angel. Suddenly Jimin called me out and my breath hitched seeing him this close. He pulled me in a tight hug taking me by surprise but I returned it gladly. Breaking the hug he swirled me around twice and the moment I got back to the original direction, I saw him at his knees with a ring in his hand.

"Not asking for the first time but this is not our end. I have always thought of you. I have always lived for you. Loving you has become my habit. Seeing you has become my celebration. Will you honor me by walking in my life not as a girlfriend but as my wife? Will you marry me Park Chaerin?"