Chapter 5

Fixing my muffler I intertwined my hand tightly with Jimin's. The evening was a memorable one. The majestic moon danced among the clouds and here we both were standing over the Han bridge witnessing the silent waters.

The moonlight partially fell on my face making my features prominent as I noticed Jimin stealing glances of me from the corner of my eyes. He looked so cute. Damn, I wanted to squish those chubby cheeks the very moment.

Slowly I laid my head on his shoulder as he continued to stand still. His eyes looked mysterious, hiding in them the ocean of secrets. I never understood what this man was up to.

"Jimin?", I called out to him as he gently took my right palm and pecked it. His small gestures were enough to bloat my heart with happiness. I swear before my illness, this man will cause my death.

My adrenaline rushed in as I couldn't control and slightly lifting up head sucked his neck. He moaned softly and I closed my eyes enjoying the melody. My nose rested against his neck as I continued in a muffled voice, "You still remember how we used to be the dance partners in our contemporary class?", he giggled softly.

"You used to dance so smoothly Chaerin", he complimented me and a sudden red tint painted my cheeks.

Yes, I was a good dancer but he was ahead. Better in every possible way. He was the mirage I was ready to believe and get hurt. He was my reason to become the best version of me.

I didn't want the night to close. It had been days since he held me this close. I wanted the moment to freeze. I wanted to admire him forever, "Jimin, I don't want to die", my gaze was fixated at the moon full of scars yet to the world it was still perfect. I could feel his muscles stiffening. I could feel that helplessness running down his veins but it wasn't anyone's fault. Death is inevitable. He broke the contact and turned to face me. His face held so many unreadable expressions. I had never seen this Jimin before.

He took a step closer, slipping his arms around my waist. I could smell his cologne and slowly my vanilla scent mixed with his cologne. His eyes shone like pearls. I felt a current running down my spine. As he bent his neck so that I could meet his lips, I realized his eyes held a beautiful constellation. I brought up my cold hands, resting them on his torso and felt them trembling. Our lips met, soft lips on soft lips. For a mere second the surroundings seemed like vanishing as my mind enjoyed the pleasure.

The tongues collided as we inhaled the warmth of each other's mouth and at that moment I was no more me. I was a part of him.

Digging my nails into his skin, I felt as if he was ready to fly me to a distant land. Our land. He swayed his fingers on my hips as I nodded and jumped, wrapping my legs around his waist deepening the kiss.

The moon witnessed how madly in love we were.

We pulled out feeling short of breath. He continued to gawk at me and started walking towards the car still carrying me around his waist, not caring about anyone.

Securing me with the seat belt, he bent closer, tucking the falling hair strand behind my ear, "Stay for me please... Become the home to my heart Chaerin."