XX| Omg what's happening?

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I got everything I wanted

But you're everything I want

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

April 1979

One thing Eve always prided James on was his loyalty

No matter how annoying he was, how irritating, how cocky, how funny he could be, he would never turn his back on anyone or anything he had pledged himself to. Maybe that's why Eve knew that getting married as young as they were wasn't a terrible idea as it would be to some people.

When James said he would do something, he did. And because of that, he was successfully engaged and about to be married to the most amazing person in his life. He had his friends from his childhood by his side and the ones he had gained.

Since Eve was worried about being pregnant in her wedding dress and a war raging in front of their eyes, James and Eve decided to get married earlier than planned. If there wasn't a war going on, knowing someone for only over a year before asking them to marry them would have been extreme. But this was a common thing at the current time.

Eve's mother, Amanda, had been crying the entire time that she helped Eve get ready. Euphemia Potter had gifted Eve a gorgeous Tiara to wear with her vale.

"Your father would be so proud of you Eve," said Amanda, blinking away tear, "I am so proud of you."

"Thank you, mum,"Eve smiled.

"Why is everyone crying?"Kala asked.

Kala was Eve's bridesmaid, along with Lily and Raina, as Maid of Honour. Eve only needed the three of them for it was a small wedding and she didn't have too many close friends.

James had Sirius as his best man, which no one was surprised about. But Eve insisted that Remus would be near the altar with them as well as he was both of their best friends.

"I can't believe you're getting married," said Lily giddily, "To James Potter of all people, Eve."

"It's still surprising to me now, Lily," said Eve, smiling broadly.

"Is Michael still going to walk me down the aisle?" Eve asked her mother.

"He wouldn't miss it for the world," Amanda replied,"Now, let's get you married."

Eve was beyond nervous, everything had happened so quickly (not that she regretted it). She was nineteen years old, pregnant and about to be married.

Eve and James were getting married in the gardens on the grounds of Potter Manor. If there wasn't a war going on, Eve might have picked somewhere different but the garden truly was breathtaking. Not to mention, she felt safe there surrounded by protective wards and her family.

There were only family and Order members attending their wedding, along with very close friends. Eve didn't want anything fancy, she only wanted James.

Well...James went ahead and invited Professor McGonagall (According to Raina, it was a bet he had with Sirius from a couple of years ago). Eve didn't mind, Professor McGonagall had always been her favourite teacher.

James and Sirius stood up at the front, both wearing dress robes. Then the crowd fell silent as music played softly. A great collective sigh issued from the assembled witches and wizards as Eve Brooks and Michael Dale came up the aisle. Eve was wearing a simple but elegant white wedding dress, contrasting her dark red hair. Raina, Kala and Lily, wearing blue dresses, looked even prettier than usual.

"Ladies and gentlemen," said officiates, now standing in front of Eve and James. "We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two faithful souls..."

"Oh I can't believe my baby is getting married,"Amanda sniffled,"She looks so pretty."

Eve stopped at the top, standing across from James. She had seen him happy many times but she was sure that he couldn't be any happier than this at the way he was beaming at her.

"Do you, James Fleamont, take Eve Marie...?"

In the front row, Euphemia and Amanda were both sobbing quietly into scraps of lace; Fleamont was simply beaming at his son and Eve. Professor McGonagall, who Eve had invited, sat happily in the back.

"...then I declare you bonded for life."

My babies🥺Do you want to get married eventually?

My babies🥺

Do you want to get married eventually?