XiV| Girl on fire

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

She's got her head in the clouds

and she's not coming down

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑬𝒗𝒆,

𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑬𝒗𝒆,

𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒂 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓. 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝑬𝒖𝒑𝒉𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒂 𝑷𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒏𝒗𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅! 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆. 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝑭𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒂 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘? 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝑰 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒈𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝑱𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔! 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒎𝒆, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 (𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕). 𝑷𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖?

𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝒎𝒖𝒎

Remus peered over at Eve, who let him read the letter since she knew he was curious.

"What does your mum mean by 'be safe'— oh — no—"

"Remus, we haven't—"

"I never said you did!"

Eve went completely red, muttering about her mum embarrassing her. Remus laughed, assuring Eve that he didn't think anything of it.

N.E.W.T.s were officially over so the Seventh Years had the new days left of the year exam-free. It was still unsettling to Eve that she was leaving school forever and going out into a war. She just hoped her friends would stick by her side because Eve wanted to fight.

"How is being the girlfriend of the famous James Potter?" said Remus.

"James is great. Yes, he is slightly full of himself at times, annoying. But, when he's alone with me...he's just sweet really. For a while, I thought he was embarrassed by me..."Eve noticed that Remus had his full attention on her. "Turns out, he wasn't sure that I wanted people to know so now they do, he's constantly holding my hand and kissing my cheek."

"He's been different since being with you Eve, more mature and understanding," Remus nodded. "I think that being opposites helped you out in the long run."

"Remus, I'm scared," said Eve quietly.

"Scared?" Remus frowned,"Why are you scared?"

"I read the Daily Prophet, I know people are being pulled out of school. People are dying, why aren't we hearing of any fighting back?" said Eve,"I don't want anyone I know to die, Remus. And once we're out of school..."

"Don't think like that," said Remus, placing a hand on her shoulder,"We're all going to be fine."

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

If there was one thing that Eve knew she signed up for when being friends with the marauders, it was their adventures. Perhaps she didn't quite for James to come asking for Eve to mend Sirius" arm at two in the morning but she didn't mind.

"You have scratches too," said Eve, tilting his head to see the scratch along his check. "Remus?"

"No, just a tree branch," said James,"Bad night, Moony was a little angry apparently."

"Well, let's go get you all cleaned up," Eve replied, taking his hand and walking towards the Gryffindor common room.

When Eve and James got back, they didn't expect to see Lily Evans giving Peter and Sirius a lecture on safety (though they weren't listening). Lily turned to Eve and James with her arms crossed.

"Where have you two been?"

"I was getting Eve...to fix Sirius' arm," said James slowly,"What are you doing here Evans?"

"I was getting my book and I noticed Sirius has a broken arm, Peter has a million bruises and it's a full moon!"Lily was infuriated, "What the hell were you doing?"

Eve glanced at James and shrugged.

"You can tell her if you want, she's kept Remus' secret, hasn't she?" Eve replied.

"What? That you're all animagi?" said Lily, raising an eyebrow.

James, Sirius, Eve and Peter turned to her in shock.

"Did you really think I didn't notice? You sneak off every month and then I see a dog in the middle of the corridor next to a rat?"

"That could have been anyone!" Sirius scoffed,"Where was that?"

"I was on prefect duty, Black," said Lily,"Listen, I don't care what illegal things you get up to unless you try and drag Eve into it. But that does not mean that I don't think it's stupid. I do."

"You are a genius, Lily," Eve muttered,"Right, Sirius, let me see your arm."

Sirius held out his arm in pain, muttering whether Eve had ever fixed any broken bones before.

"Of course I have," said Eve,"Sure, it was a nose, but same thing right?"

"I still think you should go to Madam Pomfrey," Lily stated.

Lily was, unfortunately, ignored. With a swish of her wand and incantation, Eve successfully repaired Sirius' broken arm.

"I can't believe my second to last night of school was spent with you lot," Lily complained,"I'm going to bed, goodnight."

There was an echo of "Night" as Lily climbed the staircase. Yawning, Eve sat down next to Peter.

"Why don't you just stay here tonight?"Sirius suggested,"No point in walking all the way back to your dorm."

Eve nodded, curling up to James" side the moment he sat down. And like a light going out, Eve was fast asleep.

 And like a light going out, Eve was fast asleep

You can own a house pet, would it be...

1)Eagle

2)Lion

3)Snake

4)Badger