Bonus| The station

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Time falls away But these small hours

These little wonders...still remain

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The Brooks-Potter household was never silent

Growing up, Adeline and Harry Potter had everything they wanted to a certain degree. Eve Potter always made sure that they weren't spoilt, making them do the odd chore and keep modest if they wished for presents and other things they wanted.

Life wasn't all rainbows for them.

While Eve and James did their best, it was impossible for them to go unnoticed. Eve was a famous herbology author, with her books being on the Hogwarts curriculum, and Harry was 'the boy-who-lived'. That was the first thing that made their life chaotic.

Secondly, Adeline Potter had Social Anxiety Disorder. She had grown up as the 'shy' child, whereas Harry was a little more adventurous, but it developed into a struggle with social situations. Having been in a similar boat at Hogwarts, Eve was able to manage it quite well and was always the one to step in during panic attacks while James made hot chocolate.

James Potter worked at the ministry as an Auror, worrying Eve to the ends of the earth. It made family life a little more valuable for them all but it was tense when James had bad days at work. On the plus side, he did work with Sirius.

Speaking of Sirius...he and Raina were living their best life. Their only child was Callisto, their daughter, who was a perfect blend of the two. She was outgoing, happy all the time and incredibly chatty. The family always went out on day trips and Sirius loved being a father.

Then there were Kala and Remus, who were quite happy to be childless. Kala was never the one to dream about having kids and Remus liked that he didn't have to worry about the effects of being a werewolf. That wasn't to say they wouldn't be good parents, they always agreed that they wouldn't be upset if they found out they would be. They often spoilt Adeline, Harry and Callisto when they saw them.

Michael Dale, Eve's stepfather never remarried. In fact, he distanced himself from magic and visitors made sure that it wasn't mentioned. He was a good grandfather to Harry and Adeline, even if they weren't his biological grandchildren. He visited once a month, while Kala went to see him every week.

Life was...good. As long as Eve had her family, she would be okay.

"James Potter, you put that broom back right now."

"But—"

"No!" Eve bellowed,"First years don't have brooms. Harry is no exception."

"Fine," James crossed his arms like a child,"But he's actually such a good player, Eve."

"I'm sure he still will be next year."

"Dad, zero. Mum, nine." Adeline mumbled as she walked past.

"What was that, Adeline Eve?" James narrowed his eyes as he questioned his daughter.

Adeline glanced at him as she picked up the toast Eve had placed in front of her.

"I like to keep score of who wins the arguments and you're losing," said Adeline smoothly,"Depending what houses Harry and I get into, the score will change again."

"I'm beginning to change my mind on you being a hufflepuff," James replied with narrow eyes,"Maybe Slytherin will be better."

Adeline didn't really care what house she was placed into. Harry, on the other hand, did. It was mainly because Sirius and James still had a half-belief that Slytherin wasn't worthy of their children but Eve always expressed that house didn't matter in any way.

"Now, if you don't hurry up, we are going to be late!" Eve emphasised.

⋅⋅⋅⊰☾∘⊱⋅⋅⋅

Adeline shook as she stepped onto Platform Nine and Three Quarters; she didn't do well in crowds at all. She stayed close to her mother as they got closer to the train.

"Adeline, you are going to be fine," Eve assured,"I know you."

"But mum, I've never been...I've never been on my own," Adeline frowned, looking up and down the train.

"You aren't alone," Eve stopped and kneeled in front of her,"Harry is with you and so is Callisto. You also forget that the Weasleys will watch out for you, I'm good friends with Molly. Oh! And don't forget Jupiter."

Jupiter Lovegood, sister of Luna Lovegood, was a good friend of Adeline's in particular and they had spent a lot of time together with her mother being friends with Eve until she died.

"What if I'm not worthy of Gryffindor?" Adeline asked,"What if the sorting hat thinks I'm weak?"

"Gryffindor isn't the only place for strong people, Adeline Eve Potter," Eve warned,"I was a Ravenclaw and so was Aunt Raina. I even had a Slytherin friend once...even though we don't speak anymore...you'll fit in wherever you go. Do you believe me?"

"I believe you," Adeline smiled lightly.

"Good," Eve stood back up,"I'm sure Harry is just as nervous as you, he just has your dad's calm expression all of the time at the moment."

Eve looked towards the clock, which was nearly at 11o'clock, and quickly ushered her children towards the train. Hugs were exchanged between the family and friends before the kids finally boarded the train.

"Good luck," James told his two children,"We love you no matter what and for the love of Merlin, if you are going to cause trouble, don't get caught."

There was many things that the parents of Harry and Adeline were wrong about that day. For one, Adeline got into Ravenclaw, not Hufflepuff, Harry in Gryffindor. But the main thing? Despite the trouble Harry got into, he often got caught.

 But the main thing? Despite the trouble Harry got into, he often got caught