Chapter 24: Keep Your Enemies Closer

Corey sat behind his mahogany desk, inside his office, with his feet propped up on the edge of it. Ever since last night with Audrey, he'd been feeling very good. He'd just been able to crack Audrey open and make her drop her electrocuting fence guards down, even if it was only for the moment.

But a moment was more than all he needed.

He didn't even dread going home right after. Because he was still riding his sexual high, he failed to notice-well really care- that Sarah wasn't home when he had gotten there. It was almost 9 when he got in, so he figured she was at a friends' house or something. It wasn't very unusual for her to be gone.

Corey picked up his green stress ball from his desk and began tossing it in the air. Last night gave him a reason to hope again and maybe, just maybe he could fix things with Audrey. Being with her made him realize he wanted her and didn't want to have it any other way.

A knock at the door brought him back to reality. He put his feet back on the floor, fixed his tie and grabbed a near by stack of paper to at least appear busy. For all he knew his Director could have been knocking at the door.

Once situated, he called out to the person on the other side. "Come in!"

It was the front assistant, Mariah. She peaked her head through the door with a smile on her face.

Corey always liked Mariah. She seemed to always be smiling and in an upbeat mood. You would never know what she would be going through if she never said anything.

"Good Afternoon Mr. Johnson. Sorry to interrupt but you have a visitor. Do you want me to send her to you?"

A visitor? Her? No one ever came to his office just to visit. Beside's the only women that knew where he worked at were Audrey and Sarah.

Slightly hoping that it was Audrey, he cleared his throat. "Yeah, send her in." Mariah nodded her head and not even a full minute after she'd left, a woman stepped through the door and Corey's hope completely evaporated and was replaced with a deep scowl.

He stood to his feet and clenched his jaw formulating the words he wanted to speak in his head. He was afraid if he just opened his mouth, nothing but obscenities and pure disrespect would go flying out his mouth. So, he settled for a harsh greeting though he wanted to say so much more.

"What the hell are you doing here Anita?"

Anita only grinned wickedly. She loved ruffling his feathers. Seeing him angry seemed to only make her reasons for being here, just a little more exciting. She closed the door behind her and took a few strides of her long legs to reach his desk. She propped herself on top as the hem of her pencil skirt seemed to ride up her thigh.

"I was in the neighborhood and wanted to say hi." She lied.

Corey glared at her. "Cut the bullshit Anita. What the fuck do you want."

Anita feigning hurt, placed her hand on her chest and pouted. "Why so hostile, baby?" When Corey's glare didn't falter Anita hopped off the desk and stood in from on him. She traced her fingers along the design of his tie. "I just miss you is all. You don't call anymore."

Corey rolled his eyes and stepped away from her making sure to create distance. There was plenty good reason why he wasn't calling her back anymore. She was a crazy bitch. The only thing she was good for was her pussy, but when it came to everything else, she was just too much. Practically a stage five clinger and he couldn't have someone like that especially with him being married.

"I told you, Anita. Leave me alone. I made that perfectly clear the last time we spoke."

"You mean before or after you fucked my brains out in the middle of my kitchen?" Anita mocked. Corey sighed. He had a weakness and he hated when it was exploited. It was true. He went over to her place a week or so ago only to discuss him no longer seeing her but when she opened the door in nothing but a see-through teddy, he couldn't resist.

And she knew it too. Before he knew it, he was knocking her screws loose over the kitchen table.

Taking advantage of his silence, Anita, once again closed the distance between the two of them making sure to press herself against him. Of course, she was there with much more devious intentions but just seeing him so fired up was turning her on. It didn't help that there were in his office either, a fantasy they both wanted to share.

"You know, letting me go isn't going to happen. You need me." She once again trailed her fingers along his tie, but this time going much lower only to stop at his slacks front zipper. When he didn't push her away, Anita continued to unzip it.

"This is what you want, I'm what you want." She continued seductively. Pushing his back against the desk, she slowly dropped to her knees and continued to remove his pants.

Corey desperately wanted to resist. He wanted to say no and kick her out of his office, but she knew what to do to make him stay. She literally had him in the palm of her hands. Soon she had him in her mouth and there was definitely no turning back after it.

"You had your fun." Corey began while stuffing himself back in his pants. "You have to go." Anita stood to her feet, wiping off what ever left of Corey's essence was still on her lips. She smirked and began removing the straps of her top. Anita was a very seductive girl and knew very well how to use it.

"Aw, really? I was just just getting started." Corey watched for a few more seconds as more skin began to be exposed, but he had to get her out of his office. For the sake of his self-control.

"No." He pushed her straps back on her shoulders and grabbed her by the elbow, ushering her to the door. "I can't. This is it. We're done." Before he could push her out, she snatched her arm back so fast, he would have thought it was on fire.

"No!" She yelled losing her composure. She was losing him and she wouldn't let it happen. "I am not going anywhere! You can't just get rid of me like a piece of trash."

"Lower your damn voice!" He snarled. The last thing he needed was people overhearing him arguing with his mistress. "First of all, you knew what this was when you got involved with me. I told you this is all strictly sexual and when I say its over, its over. No if, ands or buts." He reached for her arm again, done arguing but she yet again backed away.

"No, I still want you Corey." This time when he looked in to her eyes, he could see she still wasn't able to grasp what was going on. She wasn't big on rejection and change.

"But I don't want you, Anita. Please, go."

At that moment, something in Anita seemed to snap. Her pitiful look turned into almost the eyes of the devil. "Well then. It's gonna cost you." She was hoping it wouldn't had to come down to this if he just been a good boy and left everything the way it was. When she hadn't heard from Audrey, she figured her chicken ass backed out and Anita had to come up with a back up plan. She was gonna make it worth here while, one way or another.

Corey looked at her as if she had two heads and was spitting out fire. Pay up for her silence? She was bat shit crazy.

"Girl, you done lost your damn mind. No way in hell I'm paying you to keep quiet."

"I bet you will. I have more dirt on you to make your marriage-well divorce when I talk- very messy along, you may even lose your job because I can get very ghetto once I leave out that door and you might even lose that Audrey girl too."

"Audrey? How do you know about Audrey."

Anita smirked. It seemed he cared a little too much about her. "It's not hard just how it wasn't hard finding out where you work. Like I said, I can make your life very miserable, unless you pay up."

Corey sighed in frustration. She had him in a corner. There was a long pondering silence.

"How much."

"five grand."

Was five grand worth this secret?

"Deal."

Agreeing to it didn't make him feel any better. He felt like he just made a deal with the Devil.

***

A little short I know but, it's only a filler. Next chapter is the renewal and its gonna be big. Leave me your thoughts. Do you think Corey should have paid up?