𝙤𝙣𝙚 ; 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙞𝙢

opening your front door, a bouquet of roses welcomed you, laying at your doorstep. But the eerie thing about the flowers was their heads were clipped off. It was just the stems and thrones. You could see a black note with glittery silver-inked writing sticking out. inviting you to read.

However, you couldn't make yourself motivated to do that. Instead, you picked up the bouquet and trashed it in the trash bin while your eyes burned in fury. you have had enough. the things that used to give you butterflies in your stomach now give you anguish.

fast forward>>>

jungkook stepped towards the trash bin, placed in the hallway. he gaped at the trashed bouquet for a while before tugging out a stem. "so sharp." he huskily whispered, brushing his index finger on a throne.

"Sir, the keys." someone said grabbing his attention. turning back, he beamed at the manager who had the keys in his hands. "thank you," he bowed with his head still smiling. the manager bowed back before taking his leave.

later that day

as you were doing your work, a man stood in front of the reception desk. Detecting his presence you looked up and gave him the brightest smile you had. reading his appearance you assumed he was a businessman. "Hello, sir. How may I help you?" you politely asked.

"i have a room booked." his voice was deep and cold. "Your name, sir?" suddenly he smiled. "Jeon Jungkook," you were amazed at his behavior shift but you remained professional. after some formalities, you handed him his keycard.

as he walked away you stared at him but got startled when he looked back at you causing you to move your gaze away from him. a slight smirk arose on his face before he looked infront, walking away.

Later on, throughout your whole shift, you didn't see him going out of the hotel even for once.

Fast forward >>>

when you reached home it was 6 pm. you saw some people there settling furniture and other stuff inside the apartment across from yours. you comprehended that you've got a new neighbor but you couldn't actually detect anyone who appeals to be the owner of this apartment.

you glanced over at the trash bin and to your surprise, the bouquet was gone while the rest of the trash was still there. without putting much thought into it you stepped inside your apartment.

Sometimes you regret choosing the position of a receptionist as a part-time job. after your eight hours shift you barely feel yourself. Fortunately, as you're still a student and your boss is pleased with your work, he has given you permission to work for four hours with the same salary when needed.

well, it wasn't always like that. this new schedule started two months back and you were grateful. It being the period of Christmas and new year this month has got busier. your university has been closed so you have been working eight hours every day this month.

you were giggling while watching a movie. you've always romanticized being in a healthy relationship. your imagination gets wild when you make scenarios in your head about you and your imaginary future partner. sometimes you get sleep deprived because of that.

your giggles didn't linger in the room for too long as you noticed your phone vibrating. the drop of reaction was pretty quick. your heart throbbed in your chest as you stared at the number, displayed on your phone screen. Everything about this secret admirer is spooking you up a lot.

you still haven't shared this issue with anyone till now. you admit you're a sensitive and easily-scared person. It's sure you don't want your parents to worry about you. you're determined not to tell them.