Delete (Short Story)

The song on the music video is entitled "Littlest Things" by Lily Allen which is a bit connected to this story. There is also a picture attached... Hope you'd like this work of mine...

@Thisisjameskend

*******************************************************************************

"Delete"

It's a rainy Monday morning.

He sat on the bed, drying up those red swollen eyes, stopping each sobs trying to escape off of his mouth. He stands, breathing deeply and walks towards the the doorway.

He picks up his suitcase, almost ready to leave. But she was crying, sobs heard across the bedroom. There are broken pieces of glasses and plates on the living room floor, the books on the shelves scattered all over the couch and some splattered milk rest untouched on the table. There is silence but there was also a noise that neither both can say what is. And now he's walking out of the apartment, three big bags with him, and a picture in a broken frame on his right arm.

As he walks through the front door, shouts are heard echoing, but his footsteps through the halls filtered everything past him. She stays, frantic and scared inside the room, rummaging through the drawers, searching every little details, finding somehow a mark of yesterday. But, nothing.

None.

She has none now. There is nothing left that she could still keep in her heart. And the feeling of being lost and thrown away that easily began haunting her soul in a flash... Until she can't do anything but cry more, if that's even possible, she cried harder than she ever did before and a while ago.

She suddenly stops when she hears the car engine outside starts, she runs to the window and with tears she watches the vehicle smooths down the lane and away... She watches her man... Goes away.

Gone.

Now, Alone.

That's all she is now. No matter how many times she asks herself, what was wrong? What did she do? None. Nothing seems to ever answer her guilt. Maybe this is how it should have been, she thought. Maybe this was for the best.

But she fought this idea, and then he was gone. And what does she have now? A life in a shadow of past love and present loneliness...

And she sits on her bed, the wrinkles are overseen...

He drives all alone, his mind still lingers on her memories.

The smell of his cologne filled the whole place with a scent of sorrow and mark of abandonment.

He watches the small drops of water flow down the windshield the same motion his tears flow down on his cheeks...

She looks at the pens on the nightstand, immobile, but none of them resembles him; he never touched any of it.

He glances at the small picture of her stuck on the rear-view mirror, but she was no longer a part of him... He was already gone.

She looks back to the closet, half empty. And for the first time in her entire life, she felt incomplete and lost. She felt something was missing; as if a part of herself, something very huge and major, has left her unconscious and anxious without any reason for leaving.

She picks up her phone, from her back pocket.

He picks up his phone from his front pocket.

Looks at the photo taken last month,

She smiles but all fake.

He grins but all sad.

She never really understand the essence, but she felt the pain.

He never really thought about this, but he misses her now.

She goes to the gallery app...

He went to the settings...

and there...

She begins deleting everything.

He decided to reset all of it.

And poof!

GONE. Just that quick... It's all non-existent now... All for best.

She has none left... And he... he was going to start again.

And the Monday morning rain ended, the rainbow glimmers above the sky, and there was also a silence. A silence, not as eerie as the one before, that is now he and she can surely know what is... And what it was for.

FIN. (End)

******************************************************************************

SO....

Did you like it? If yes, please say why and if no... I'd be happy to accept your criticisms... I wrote this after breaking up with my recent ex-girlfriend, few months ago... So, I hope you'd like it and feel free to voice out your thoughts about this story... And also... Thank you for reading...

@thisisjameskend :D