Desperate Attempt over a Glass of Martini (Part 2)

And now after the long wait! HERE IT IS! I hope you would enjoy this... Thank you for reading!

@thisisjameskend

*****************************************************************************

Shaun dashed his way through the crowd towards the bar counter, ignoring his friend behind him, and consciously places a smile on his face first before settling on the space beside the woman.

"Hi!" He cheerfully greets the woman as he leans his elbow on the counter. The woman, hearing him spoke, turns her head to him with a frown.

"Uh... Hi...?" The woman says, not very sure if he was talking to her. Looking around her, she looked at Shaun for a moment, feeling a little confused.

"So..." Shaun tells her with a huge grin that says 'I'm-safe-don't-worry', as he regarded her. She seemed to relax a bit though.

 "Can I buy the gorgeous woman in black a drink tonight?" he asked.

"Uhm..." The woman hesitates first, and Shaun winced at his desperate move, realizing that he was being a little bit forceful to her.

"Sorry about that." Shaun apologizes, sighing as he takes a deep breath. She watched him and he said, "Okay. Let me re-do it again. I didn't really introduced myself." Then he held out his hand to her, "Hi! I am Shaun Avery. A writer from New York. And you are?"

The woman, looking at his hand, seemed to accept it and she smiled up to Shaun. She took his hand for a shake. "Zoe Taylor. A restaurant owner here in Paris." She says and Shaun smiled wider, "Nice to meet you Mr. Avery. And yes, I would like a glass of Martini."

"Hmmm..." Shaun nods, "A taste for a woman."

"Yes."

"Okay." He says and looks at the waiter behind the bar counter then told him, "Man, martini for two here. Tab's on me for the very wonderful lady I met tonight."

Shaun winked at the woman at his remark and the woman giggled softly. This caught Shaun's attention as he looked back to her, amazed by the sound of that response and a little dazed too.

"You're quite funny, aren't you?" she said.

"You think so?" Shaun replied, suddenly overwhelmed. "I'm not usually funny like this but since you'd mentioned it... I think I would like to be funny in that way."

"So," Zoe told him, smiling, "What's your deal, mister? Approaching me out of the blue, and talking to me on such high interest?"

"I just want to know more about the beautiful lady, is that bad?"

"Here's the martini, sir." The waiter interrupted and Shaun took the glasses.

"Thank you." Shaun said to the waiter before he went off and gave the other glass to Zoe.