Chapter 1

You know how it goes in movies. A boy catches a girls gaze in the middle of the crowd and then loses her thinking he will never see her again only to run into her at his best friends party where they magically fall in love. This is not at all how the story of Ashley and Ryan took place. It was the third week of junior year at Crescenta Valley High in California and Ashley was super excited to finally get to see her best friends Jasmine, Sophie, Kate and of course her beloved boyfriend Ryan. Ryan was the guy every girl wanted to be with and yet for some reason he chose Ashley out of all the gorgeous girls in the world. He was a baseball player, had perfect grades, came from an amazing family, had an amazing smile that would light up your world, eyes as blue as the sky... the definition of perfection. So why did he choose Ashley? The girl who had B's and C's, the girl who had the most boring smile and eyes which looked like death, whose family was judgmental, the girl who was not at all perfect.

The first time Ashley met Ryan was in her choir class when her friend Kate pointed out how cute he was. Ashley didn't really care. I mean sure he was cute but was that all? After a few weeks of school Ashley found herself crushing on Ryan and ended up giving him her phone number. To her surprise he texted her right after school. They talked for two- three months and Ryan began to like Ashley. It was the kind of feelings that no one would understand. He eventually asked her out and of course she said yes. They went out for two years. Many promises were made, many fights had taken place but they were crazy in love. He promised he would take her on a picnic, and that he would kiss her till her lips went numb. He said he would never leave her, but he did. After 2 years and 3 months he left her. She was devastated. How could he do this to her? After all of these year. How? A few days after they broke up Ryan began to text one of Ashley's friends, Maggie. He told her everything. He told her that he never wanted to leave her it was all the stress of everything and that he loved her and that she was his first and that he would love her no matter what. After a while Maggie convinced him to tell her how he felt. At first he was reluctant, thinking that she was happier without him and that maybe that was what was best for Ashley. He told her how he felt and she took him back in a heartbeat. This is where everything began to collapse in front of Ashley and there was nothing, absolutely nothing she could do about it.