The Mystery Place

Sitting at home that night I was still curious as to how much Ella would know about Reece. So much so I couldn’t sleep and what happened next only made it worse. I heard a scream coming from Moana and not just an ordinary scream a blood curdling scream. I went running to her room and found her sitting up in bed Aria was looking on with a worried look and Tierra was holding her while Moana cried. Moana rarely cried. We all knew not to ask because when she was ready she would tell us but it was hard to be patient. We all went to the kitchen I put the kettle on to make some tea and hot chocolate.  After sipping her hot chocolate slowly, she hated tea, colour started to return to her face and she seemed to breathe a little easier. She turned and looked at me.

“Could it be possible to ‘pop’ in your sleep?” I had no idea.

“I guess if you were really concentrating on a place, why is that what happened?” She nodded slowly.

“I really think it did.” She took another sip of her hot chocolate. “I was having this nice dream I remembered feeling all warm and fuzzy and then I felt off balance a little, like when you pop somewhere and suddenly there was the smell this over powering wet damn mildew smell, I felt cold and shaking and it was really dark. This powerful feeling of sadness came over me and I just tried so hard to focus on getting back to my room but it was really hard, I didn’t think I would make it. I was so scared.”

“OMG you poor thing, how could that happen?” Aria asked. Did she not make the connection, did no one but me.

“Don’t you get it, you went were Charne was. Where he took her, did you hear the voice?” She looked more scared now, how can we protect ourselves if our dreams choose where we go.

“No, I didn’t hear anything I just tried to come home. “

“Are you sure that you weren’t thinking about it before you went to bed, I mean how could you go from a great dream to a terrible place in minutes, it just doesn’t make sense.”

“I don’t know but I don’t want to do it again, I don’t want to sleep again.”

“Let’s try and go through what happened yesterday to see if we can pick how you got there.”

“Nothing I surfed with Chad before school we went to school and then he meets up with me after school and we went out for a while ate dinner and then spent some other time together.” She gave a cheeky little smile. At least she could smile, so she spent the whole day with Chad how the hell did she end up in the same place as Charne. We need to go there and check it out we need to figure out what we are up against. But not now, tomorrow is the big party day and we have to make sure Moana is safe. After another hour of general chit chat I told everyone they needed to get some rest. Moana’s face went white again.

“I’ll make you a deal, I watch you sleep tonight if you look like you’re about to ‘pop’ I’ll grab you and stop you.” She looked a little relieved. She nodded. “I’ll skip school and sleep all day but you guys take care of the party stuff tomorrow arvo.” They all nodded and agreed. The rest of the night was eventless, no popping, no scary people, no weird evil voices, no nothing just a normal day in our home. Normal ha! I wish we did normal.