Just who was Reece

The next few weeks were difficult people at school had a real morbid curiosity regarding Reece’s death. No one knew him that well but when a kid dies at a party even the party goers knew it was time to slow down. Parents were over protective and none were leaving town, hence, all the party locations were reduced to none. On a good note Charne was fitting in well and the connection to Reece seemed to make her a little intriguing, like I said students were morbid. She had been asked out for a couple dates with different guys all popular. I liked her a lot and was glad that I introduced her to our group. She said her nightmares had finally stopped although that voice did creep up in her mind a bit.

Two months after Reece’s death and parents gave a deep sigh of relief. They lightened up a little. My sisters and I too were relieved if someone knew where we were they weren’t coming for us just yet. So when everyone was under our tree at lunch one day and the party bug was brought up.  Aria was so excited she let everyone know our Aunty was going away for a business trip and we were having a two day rocking party to celebrate. I thought Tierra would die Moana and I were on Aria’s side, as we usually were when it came to parties. So she knew there was no point trying to stop it. The vibe around us changed immediately, the air was changed with excitement.

Details were discussed the when and what to bring, basically a hell a lot of junk food and copious amounts of alcohol. By the afternoon the word was around school and people where talking about what they would wear, who they were hoping was going to show and what they were bringing.  Charne’s mind chatter was full on, she was wondering what people would say if she actually brought a date a long or even if she looked like she was having fun. She wondered If people see me laughing will they think I’m shallow. What if I do bring a date and something happens to him, then I’ll be classed as the dating killer, then my popularity will fall…well maybe the extremist might start asking me out. Crap what should I do.

“So Charne you seem to be on the high interest list at the moment.” She nodded looking a little embarrassed. “You are coming to the party aren’t you?”

“Oh yes I was really wanting to.”

“Great, I guess a couple of guys want to bring you to the party.” She nodded again this time looking a little worried. “You know if you come stagg you leave your options open and then you can decide as you go, no need to make all the decision today it is a two day party.” That’s true I wouldn’t need to decide now I can just go and hang out.

I wonder if she even knew that Reece was in a gang?  I turned around fast looking for who was thinking that. A gang! I seen a girl with long dark hair walking with another girl. I turned back to Charne and she was looking really strangely at me. “Who’s that girl Charne?”

“The dark haired or blonde?”

“Dark haired.”

“Ella Widley. Why?” Why does she looked so freaked out and why ask about Sam?

“Do you know her ?”

“I know a little about her, they are not popular or anything I think she knew Reece though. I seen them talking a bit considering he didn’t talk to many people I guess they were friends.”

“Come with me I wanna catch up to them.” We walked fast and I listened to Charne’s curiosity through her thoughts. She had no idea why I had a sudden interest in Ella.

“Hey Ella.” I called as we reached them, she slowly turned she looked at her blonde haired friend with curiousness. I wonder what she wants.

“Hi.”

“Listen I didn’t know if you heard or not but we are having a party over the weekend, you know the our parent type figure has gone for the weekend so time to trash the house, kind of party. I was just wondering if you girls wanted to come?”

Their faces dropped in stunned surprise, they looked at each other. Crap is this for real being invited to a popular party. Wholly hell! Well I guess she did the Ella for Charne made friends with her and now Charne who never was seen is now very much seen. Hell yes we will go.

“Um, sure they sounds cool.” I grabbed her note pad she was carrying for her class and scribbled our address down and a time.

“See you both there.” Charne and I headed off to class. If Ella knew Reece I was going to find out how. I hated not knowing who he was.