16 - His eyes

Yuji woke up hearing the sound of the shower. He looked at the time and yawned, "10 am already? Gosh, I woke up late." Yuji listened to the bathroom shower turn off and decided to take a shower too shortly after Megumi exited the bathroom.

After Yuji was done showering and got out of the bathroom, He saw Megumi asleep on the couch. "Hey, Megumi! Wake up." Yuji gently ran his fingers through Megumi's hair. Yuji kissed him on the lips, "Wake up. Let's do something fun today. Together, okay?" With that, Megumi started waking up.

Megumi sat up and looked at Yuji. His eyes were as bright as ever. Yuji smiled as he admired Megumi's face, "You're so pretty, Megumi!" Megumi blushed a little and smiled. "You're just as cute as well." He kissed Yuji, and they both got ready to head somewhere they'd never been.

Yuji and Megumi walked on the sidewalks and saw a beautiful spot with perfect sun and wind. Megumi looked at Yuji's eyes as he looked the other way. Dang, Yuji's eyes are so bright. He never changes, does he?

"Megumi! Let's go right there!" Yuji ran to the spot, and Megumi was walking behind, admiring Yuji. He felt like crying, but he didn't. "Megumi? Are you okay?" Megumi looked at him and smiled, "No, you're just pretty. You know?" Yuji was holding back his stupid smile and blushed.

Megumi approached Yuji and then put his hand on Yuji's cheek. "Smile. It doesn't matter what you think of it, but it's adorable to me." Yuji couldn't hold back anymore and smiled widely. Yuji suddenly hugged Megumi, "You're the best boyfriend ever, Megumi."

Megumi could tell Yuji was looking behind him, he may not understand it, but it hurts. Yuji let go of the hug shortly after, then asked Megumi if he wanted to go home since there was nothing other to do. They decided to go home, and as they walked, Megumi watched Yuji's eyes.

As soon as they entered their apartment, it hit Megumi. His eyes became moist, and it fell to the sides of his eyes and then down his cheek. "Hey, Megumi! Are you okay?" Yuji looked at him with a worried face. Megumi kicked Yuji on his knee. "Megumi! What was that for?"

Megumi stood there looking frustrated and upset at Yuji. "Come on, Megumi! Spit it out! What's up with you?!" Megumi looked Yuji in the eyes. "It's the way you look at other girls! You're always looking at them with their pretty faces and bodies! You look at them differently than you look at me!"

Yuji stood there shocked. "What? Megumi no-" Megumi interrupted Yuji. "No? What do you mean? Your eyes are always so bright when you look at them! They're brighter than when you look at me! You look at them with such pretty eyes, and I have to bear you looking at them like you are interested!"

Yuji grabbed Megumi's hand, "Megumi! You're misunderstanding!" Megumi pulled his hand away from Yuji. "I guess I do misunderstand something. You're not gay, are you? You just said yes to me out of pity, didn't you?" Yuji looked at the ground, not knowing what to say.

Megumi started crying. "Wow, you did date me out of pity." Megumi passed by Yuji and left. Yuji stood there, not comprehending everything that Megumi said or what he was thinking. Yuji stepped out of the house and walked to an empty place.

Yuji stood there looking at the sun. It was about 1 pm. Yuji suddenly screamed and fell to his knees. "How the hell could I lose Megumi so quickly? Why did I stay silent? If only I looked like those pretty girls, maybe would I have been with Megumi just a bit longer?" Yuji was on his knees. He covered his face with his hands and had his head to the ground.

Megumi was walking by a shop when he noticed a familiar car. He heard the shop door open and quickly fixed his face to show as if he wasn't crying. "Megumi?" Megumi looked at the person. "Oh, dad. Hello." Toji looked around. "Yuji ain't here?" Megumi nodded. "What a surprise, Megumi. You're always with him."

Toji was going to his car but instead asked Megumi to come over to his house. Megumi couldn't go back home, so he went with his father. Yuji was returning home when he found a strange letter at his door. "Help me. 893" Yuji looked at the note confusingly as he didn't worry about it. Maybe it was a prank. He crumpled the paper and threw it away.