4 - 'Love birds'

Yuji woke up at 9 in the morning. Yuji yawned and saw Megumi on the ground, sleeping peacefully on a futon. Yuji got up to make breakfast. Yuji was setting the plates on the table. Megumi came in, scratching his nape.

"Good morning, Megumi! I made breakfast!" Yuji went up to him and pulled him towards the table, "Hurry and eat, remember we're going to eat together this evening at 7 pm!" Megumi forgot. He didn't realize he would say stupid things when he was desperate to see Yuji.

"Alright." Megumi and Yuji sat down across each other and ate together. "Hey, Megumi. Let's go to an arcade before going out! I promise it'll be fun." If Megumi was honest, he's never been to an arcade before. When he was younger, he was never really interested in those things.

"I've never been to an arcade before." Yuji choked on his food. "WHA?! They're so fun! how could you not go?" Megumi was debating whether or not it was fun. "I was never interested. Besides, my dad didn't care about me, so it was whatever."

"Don't worry! I'll teach you how to play all the cool games there, alright?" Megumi looked at him. Wow. Yuji's like a child when he's stupidly serious. "Sure, teach me. Maybe I'll surpass you." Yuji found Megumi entertaining. "I'm way too good! You'll never!"

After Yuji and Megumi finished eating, they got dressed and decided to go out walking to places even they didn't know existed. "Look! There's a park! No one's there too! I've never been here before!" Megumi was genuinely confused if Yuji was 15 or not.

"Come on, let's go play!" Megumi found this embarrassing, but if it was with Yuji, he was okay with it. "Alright. What first?" Yuji already had a plan. "The swings!! Then the sand!" Yuji ran to the swings and was going high.

Megumi was wondering if Yuji was going to fall or not. Suddenly Yuji flipped backward and landed. "Ah! It still feels the same! It's so much fun!" Yuji started laughing. He was having fun. He considered this the best time of his life. "Megumi decided to get some sand and throw it at Yuji, but not aiming at his hair.

"Megumi... You're so on!" Yuji then threw a big ball of sand at Megumi. "Yuji- ugh. You're dead." Megumi and Yuji were playing like kids. People gave them weird glances and stares. They didn't care. They were having fun together, nobody else.

Yuji and Megumi kept playing from 11 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon. "It's 2 pm now. Let's start heading to the arcade!" Yuji and Megumi walked together to the arcade after wiping all the sand off their clothes.

Yuji and Megumi arrived at the arcade. While Yuji was buying some coins, Megumi felt odd. He felt like everyone was looking at him, that he wasn't in the right place until Yuji called out to him, letting him know that he got coins for the games.

Yuji taught him how to hold the gun and shoot, then aim. During the first round of the game, to Yuji's surprise, Megumi was already pretty decent at the game. As they played more, Yuji noticed how Megumi was improving at a fast right and was right behind Yuji.

"Megumi! How are you so good?" Megumi remembered when he was younger. "When I was about ten years old, my dad taught me how to hunt and use a gun." Yuji wasn't surprised. Whenever Megumi mentioned his dad, he always imagined him with a scary aura surrounding him.

Before even Megumi knew it, it was already 6 pm, the evening. "Yuji, let's start heading out. Aren't we going to eat together at a restaurant at 7?" Yuji didn't want to leave just yet. "Yeah, but after one more okay?" Megumi and Yuji played one more round.

Yuji and Megumi were walking together, and they noticed some people from their school. They looked like they were staring and gossiping with each other. "I wonder what they think about us?" Megumi looked at him. "What else would they think we are? Isn't it obvious we're friends?"

Once Yuji and Megumi reached the restaurant, they spotted two other classmates from the first period. "Hey, Megumi. When we walked past our classmates, why do they always look so- I'm not sure how to explain it. Grossed out but also look devilish?" Megumi just moved his shoulders. Showing he has no idea.

Yuji and Megumi were eating dessert. "Man, this cake is delicious. Isn't it Megumi?" Megumi nodded. After Yuji and Megumi finished eating together, they started walking back home. "Megumi, can I come to your place this time? I realized I haven't been there, but you've been to mines lots."

Megumi agreed to let him at his place, but his apartment isn't all as decorated and organized as Yuji's. "If there's a mess anywhere, don't complain about it. I'm not all that settled into the apartment yet." Yuji smiled and reassured him, "Don't worry, I won't have any complaints about how you live your life. I'll clean it myself if it's necessary."

When Yuji and Megumi came back home, they entered Megumi's apartment. Wow, there's not much stuff inside of here. Well, I shouldn't be surprised. He left for a good two days, and with the time he spends at Yuji's place, he hasn't had the time to fix his place up.

"Can I spend the night here at your place, Megumi?" Yuji wanted to get a good look at how Megumi was living his life, seeing if it was a comfortable place that Megumi would consider home. "Sure, you can sleep here. You want the bed or the couch?" Yuji would've felt like he was intruding in his house, so he went with the couch.

Once Yuji and Megumi fell asleep, Yuji woke up like 10 minutes after falling asleep. Still feeling very tired. Yuji decided to check on Megumi, he found him on the floor without any comfort. Yuji started talking to himself, "What the hell are you doing on the floor? Come on let's get you on the bed and nicely tucked in so you feel warm."

Yuji placed Megumi on the bed and made sure Megumi would feel warm. Megumi started waking up, "Yuji?" Yuji was about to leave the room and got scared after hearing Megumi's voice. "Yes?" Megumi knew he didn't fall asleep on the bed.

"Did you move me up here?" Yuji turned back and gave him a warm smile. "Yeah, I came to check up on you, and you looked very uncomfortable on the floor." Megumi felt all kinds of feelings in his stomach.