Epilogue Rules of Engagement

Nivaan's POV

"There's flour all over your forehead let me wipe it for you" I said moving in close to her and wiping it off her forehead.

"Thanks Niv" She said as I leaned in for a kiss.

She reciprocated it with a kiss but then moved away

"I have work Niv"

"I don't care Innu" I said kissing her again

"Wikipedia is my lunch ready?" Azaan asked from the hall.

"Haan Azaan beta, just gimme a minute" She said

I sighed in disappointment.

She kissed my cheek.

"I love you Niv" 

"I hate kids..." I said.

"He's not a kid."

"Yeah but I still hate him for not letting me get some private time with you"

"Shut up and go drop him at his school" She pushed me playfully.

"Im done with my breakfast and all set to go, lets go, Im ready to take over my whole school today"

"Yeah yeah champ did you take that assignment you were discussing with your Ladki wali friend the whole night?" I asked.

Innayat nudged me in the ribs.

"Im just asking, Now Can a Dad not be curious?" I said.

He sighed.

"Maa has met Ishita already. And no she is not my girlfriend.. Yet" he said.

"Azaan Malik You better not keep secrets from your dad" I said.

"You're a bit too young to have a 15 year old son Niv" he said.

"Niv ke bache jaa gaadi nikaal parking se" I said throwing him the car keys which he gladly caught and excitedly ran to the garage.

"Its like having to deal with a junior Zayn. He was equally annoying" I said.

"He's stopped visiting us regularly Niv, Don't you think something is wrong? Is he okay?"

"Innu he's not a kid anymore, Our boy is in love, He's been hanging out with a girl lately and as far as I know they both like each other"

"Are you spying on him?" She asked.

"No but when he's hanging out with RAW's newest recruit, how can the director not know?"

"Oberoi? Really? I thought she was too sophisticated, I mean at least for Zayn"

"He's already head over heels so doesn't matter if she's sophisticated or a shopaholic , she makes him happy and that's what matters no?"

She nodded.

Azaan honked the car from outside.

"Lets go" I said giving her a short brief kiss.

Soon we drove to the school where I noticed a pretty little girl wave at Azaan.

"Hi Azaan"

"Morning Ishu"

I raised an eyebrow at Azaan.

"I love you wikipedia" he said kissing Inaayat on her cheek.

"Kitni ladkiyan chahiye tujhe?" I asked Azaan.

"Shut up" Inaayat told me while Azaan giggled.

"Bye dad" He said getting out of the car holding hands with her and walking into the school but stopped when he heard a familiar voice

"Asra your lunch box"

"Please Amy you're not my mom, so stop behaving like one or like you care" she said.

"Ish take my bag and please go to class i'll be back in a few minutes" Azaan said as the three of us made way to the parking lot.

"Asra that's not the way you talk to her, Apologize" Karan said.

"I will not."

"Asra Reza the next time I see you misbehaving with your parents I will not talk to you ever again"

"Easy for you to say Azaan bhaiya you're not the one living with people who fight with each other constantly"

"Alright come stay with Innu and Niv okay?" He asked

"Pack my bags and send them over" She said to Amrita.

"Who are you adressing Asra?" Taarni asked.

"Send the bags over Amrita aunty"

"And the respect?"

"Please I want to stay at the Malik's" Asra said.

Amy nodded.

"Good morning Taarni" Azaan said.

"Azaan ke bache, teacher hai teri yeh" Aarav said.

"We're not inside the campus yet maamu, so she's my maami and not ma'am" Azaan said when Taarni hit him playfully.

"Ill see you in the evening Innu, Nivu" Asra said hugging us as they walked in.

Aarav, Inaayat and I looked at Karan and Amy.

"Guys really? In front of her?"

"Mahira keeps calling him constantly" Amy complained.

"Karan... This is affecting her too much"

"Toh leja usse I don't need her or Amy anymore"

Amrita walked over to Aarav who probably was about to drop her in his car

"I asked you to adopt Asra to make things better Karan and now I think i've made the wrong decision."

"Innu you know..."

"Karan you're the one who cheated on her, she should be the one mad at you, shouting at you not the reverse" Inaayat said.

"And you're just going to stay out of this Nivaan bhai?"

"Karan this relationship is getting toxic for the both of you.. Maybe its time you get seperated. Leave Asra to us" I said.

"Nivaan bhai I am guilty, I have told this to her a million timea to her.I was drunk that night. And seperation really? Amy will die without me"

"Then go and love her you fucker. This Mahira can go and fuck herself. Take Amy on a vacation and make her feel better, Prove it to her that you love her more than anyone" I suggested.

Karan sighed.

"She's your wife Karan. She of course means to you more than some drunk affair"

"Im sorry Innu. I shouldn't be doing this to Asra or Amy"

She nodded.

"Amy loves Singapore right? I will take her there, How does that sound?"

"Good, I and Innu have to go on a mission too, so Aarav and Taarni will be taking care of the kids"

"Oh okay they'll have Zayn for company so..."

"Zayn wont. He's busy" I said.

"Alright Then I gotta go, need to wrap up the shoot of my film Bebaaki before taking Amy to Singapore"

We nodded.

"What mission?"

"A new case. We have to go to the Bahamas" I said.

"Then why didn't you get Karan and Amy with us?"

"Let them rediscover what they feel for each other besides Im going to Invite Zayn and his lady luck to join us" I said.

"Whatever you say Nione Malick"

"Chalo then lets go, I'll drop you home and go meet Zee"

"But where is he?"

"Anavrin"  I said

She smiled.

I smiled

Perfect ending.