26 The Big Reveal

Nivaan's POV

Slivers of light pricked my eyelids, which up until this moment seemed far too heavy to lift.

As I lay against something soft at my back, thought and awareness barely registered. The gritty feeling as I struggled to raise my eyelids scraped and burned over my eyeballs as if warning me it wasn't a good idea.

Swallowing past the sandpaper in my throat, I stopped working and lay still. Cognizance slowly came forward in the form of something weighing me down and the echo of footsteps nearby.

Adrenaline jackknifed through me, and my body arched upward with the force of my gasp. The weight of whatever held me caused severe panic to fill me, and I began to fight against it.

"Inaayat..."

High-pitched beeping filled my ears, and the footsteps I'd heard grew more insistent and much closer.

"Inaayat... Where are you"

Strong hands grabbed my arms and pinned me down. I tried to fight back, but they were much stronger than me. Kicking my legs, I tried to free them, but even more weight came down, holding them still until I was gasping for breath and ready to beg.

"Nivaan... Bhai its okay calm down"

I calmed some, but the thundering of my heart made me feel as if I might spiral out of control.

"Inaayat... Where is she? Where are we?"

"Bhai we're at the hospital, you fell unconscious"

"How long have I been unconscious?"

"A whole week" Zayn replied.

The events of that terrible day began flashing In front of my eyes.

Flashback begins

I had locked the door so that Kabir cant escape.

To my right was a wall so I couldn't move that way because I'd be shot regardless.

I could only move to the left

With shaking hands Inaayat placed the gun on her forehead.

"Inaayat please dont..." I heard zee say.

There was nothing we could do now.

She pulled the trigger

Nothing.

Just an empty click.

"Good, now his turn" he said pointing the gun towards me

She shut her eyes.

"If you wont I will"

"I'd rather die by your hands than this filthy bastard's , just shoot me Inaayat" I said

She didn't even move

"Inaayat for fuck's sake shoot" I shouted

She pulled the trigger

Nothing

"Again" Kabir said

"But..."

"You heard me Inaayat, again"

Nothing

But an empty click.

"Your turn" he said as she placed the gun at her forehead again

I was hoping and praying to every god that it shouldn't fire a bullet now.

She pulled the trigger

Empty click again.