8

Chapter 8- Eavesdropping

Tamia

I was laying on my bed while on the phone with Stokeley.

"When can I come over" I asked.

"I told you already, my roommate don't like people over here like that" He said.

"You mean Jahseh" I asked while rolling my eyes.

Don't get me wrong Jah is a cool dude but if Amala don't like him I don't like him either.

"Yeah why you say it like that"

Before I could answer I heard the door slam and a bunch of stomping on the other line.

"Yo Jah what's wrong" I heard Stoke say.

"What going on" I asked sitting up.

"S-she's back. We gotta go. Get your shit and let's go" I heard Jahseh yell.

I stayed quiet and listened on to the conversation.

"Jah we can't just leave. Calm down and tell me what happened"

"I don't fucking know. It all happened too fast"

Jahseh kept yelling things that I wasn't able to comprehend. All I got was "we gonna die" and "that bitch crazy".

After some time it got quiet and then the three beeps filled my ears. This nigga just hung up on me.

The next morning

We were in the hallway and I couldn't wait to tell Amala what happened.

"Bitch let me tell you sum" I said as I walked up to Amala.

She quickly put her phone away and looked at me.

"Tell me" She demanded.

"So I was on the phone with Stokeley last night and out of nowhere" I stopped myself when I spotted Stoke.

He was standing in the middle of the hallway staring at me. He didn't seem like his usual self, there was like this dark cloud hovering over him.

"Finish what you was going to say" Amala said. I slowly looked back at her.

"Never mind it was just a stupid dream" I said with a fake chuckle.

"Are you sure" She asked. I nodded my head.

"Alright I'll see you at lunch" She said and walked away.

I was walking to the restroom just as the bell rang. The hallways were now empty and you could hear the class room doors being shut.

As I got closer to the restroom I felt a presence behind me. I looked to see it was Stokeley.

"Hey" I said lowly.

The energy was off. I'm always excited to talk to him but now I just wanna get away from him.

"Hi" He finally said. There was silence until he spoke again.

"Don't ever talk about what you heard last night, aight" He said while looking at me.

I couldn't even look him in the eyes, all I could do was look at the ground.

"I won't" I was able to say.

His regular smile appeared on his face. I would smile back but not after what just happened.

"Good girl" He whispered and walked away.

I watched him until I couldn't see him anymore. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in. Maybe I should stay away from him. I then got a text. I opened it without reading who it was.

I love you I hope I didn't scare ya

It was from Stokeley. Everything was weird about him now. He doesn't even text like that. Amala was right, they are definitely weird.

A/n

This is just a filler. I just thought of this randomly and wrote it.