Chapter 13: Kidnapped

I looked up at the clouds and saw a thunderstorm was approaching. Thankfully I took my car instead of the motorcycle, but that's not what concerned me the most. I had a terrible feeling something was going to happen. I always hated this sensation, because it was always right.

I finished my coffee in one big gulp and swallowed it, only for my beagle to follow right behind. I wiped my mouth, paid for my breakfast and bolted for the door. I hopped in my car and began my way home as fast as I could, praying that nothing happened to my family.

(Twenty minutes later)

I arrived in town and headed to Ricky's office, only to realize that Ricky had a guest. The president of the country to be exact.

I hurried into the office and saw Ricky and the president talking

Jason: What's going on?

Ricky: Jason. You might wanna sit down.

Jason: Tell me my family is alright, where's Rose, Sapphire and Marie.

He looked at me with a calm and emotionless face, he never was like this. He was only remaining calm because he knew how easily I got worked up .

Jason: Who was kidnapped? How long ago? Who kidnapped them?

Ricky: Last night Rose and Marie were kidnapped, along with the president's granddaughter. The reasoning behind the kidnappings are still unknown, we have units all over the place looking for them. Sapphire on the other hand was sent off on her first mission.

Jason: Y-you didn't take the time to tell me any of this last night. Why?

He kept quiet as I stood there, my anger slowly rising.

Jason: Do you two have any leads for me? At least something that I can use to track them down.

Ricky: Someone spotted a black SUV at your house with a strange logo on it.

He showed me the logo and my blood went cold.

Jason: This is bad, really bad. Mr. President, have all your men go to Animo Labs stat.

President: What? What's wrong?

Jason: To shorten things up, your granddaughter and my family are practically being sent to their doom. If they inject her with the same thing they did me, she most likely won't survive the genetic changes that will occur in her body.

His face went white after that, we both knew what had to happen.

Jason: If you can get me hooked up with a jet of some sort I can get there a lot faster than any means of transportation. It's our only hope. You help me save my family, I'll save your granddaughter as well. Do we have a deal?

He instantly shook my head, which I nodded and tossed him an ear piece. I instantly whirled around and got back into my car and sped through town.

President: Jason, I just got access to a jet at the nearest airport, agents are awaiting your arrival.