Chapter nine: the festival

Chapter eight: The festival

Jason: So what exactly is this festival?

Blaze: It's a festival that happens every ten years. It's where the wolf, foxes, kitsunes get together and have a massive sword fight where the champion gets dinner with the princess.

Jason: A date with the princess, no thanks.

Lily: I hear she's super nice and sweet.

Jason: What's your point?

Lily: Like you might wanna hook up with her.

Jason: That's a hard pass.

Lily: But why

Jason: I already met someone, someone who is even nicer and sweeter than this princess.

Blaze; Then do it for the money.

Jason: Fine, plus I wanna challenge some opponents. You know, see how I compare to others.

Blaze: Alright, let's get the group loaded up and get going.

I and the others nodded. Me, Blaze, Mist, Raine, Lily and a couple others were going to drive all the kitsunes to the airport, and head to Pawdon. Practically London back in my time but furries took over. Once situated, I got onto the van and looked back at the kitsunes who were riding with me.

Jason: So, who is ready for a bumpy ride?

They cheered, so I put the pedal to the metal and zoomed off.

(Timeskip ten minutes)

We all laughed as we got outta the car and awaited the others.

Jason: Y'all gotta try a sports car. Those things are made for speed. Jay, talking to you dude.

Jay: You know it.

We both chucked and waited for the others to arrive. When they did, I led them all to the plane we were on, but realized that it was all very similar.

I paused for a moment, remembering the heartbreaking scene that happened here.

Lily: Is something wrong?

Jason: I stood right here when I had to say goodbye to her, the worst moment of my life.

She patted me on the back and smiled.

Lily: Chin up, she might be at the festival.

I grinned and nodded at her, my hopes somewhat being restored. I hope to see her, I really do.

I sighed and boarded the plane and got seats with Blitz on my right and Lily on my left while I held Rose.

Jason: This is going to be a long trip.

Lily: I can't wait to go and see the festival. It's been over ten years since I've gone out and had some fun.

Jason: To think I was the one who doesn't get out and have fun.

(Another timeskip, twenty hours later)

I yawned as I got off the plane with the others.

Jason: We're here, what now?

Blaze: Well, the king and queen have been kind enough to rent a whole hotel for us to stay in.

Jason: Well I'll send my regards when I see her.

Blaze: You and me both, the king and queen are indeed very nice. I hear the princess is also very promising.

Jason: Who is the princess?