Chapter 5: To catch a human

Two weeks later,

Sarah P.O.V

My patience grew thin as I tried to track down the recent spotting of Jason. He's slippery and nobody has spotted him once. I've given everyone the best description of him I possibly could but it's hard to explain to others who've never seen a human.

Suddenly I got a call from my personal phone.

Sarah: This better be worth my time. I'm very busy at the moment.

(???): I might just have some info on your little friend.

Sarah: Where is he?

(???): In the Arctic region, last seen at the cafe.

Sarah: Splendid, thank you for your cooperation.

With that I hung up and called in my best squad. Soon a tiger, a fox, a dog, a cheetah, and a wolf came in and saluted me.

(???): You called us Commander?

Sarah: Alright, I got you a target that I need you to capture alive. He's very dangerous and must be captured before he causes any trouble.

I showed them a picture, which they studied and nodded.

(???): We won't let you down commander.

I watched them all leave, a wicked grin forming on my face.

Sarah: He won't get away from me this time. When I catch him, I'll send him to the capital and then I'll be the hero of all furries.

Jason P.O.V

I woke up with a start, sweating like crazy.

Jason: Just another nightmare.

I looked down at Rose and saw that she was starting to wake up.

She started to whimper, which told me that she was hungry.  I thought about what a furry pup would need, but I realized that I didn't have anything for her to eat or drink. She most likely can't eat any solid foods, so I'd have to go into town and get something for her to eat.

Jason: Don't worry sweetie, we'll go into town and get you something to eat. Just be patient with me.

I gently set her down and used her blanket to make a baby sling so that way I could drive the snowmobile with her close to my arms. But I was worried that the loud engine would hurt her ears or scare her. So I found some earplugs and wrapped her ears with surgical tape to protect her ears.

Jason: Alright, get comfy and enjoy the ride.

*Timeskip*

I arrived in town and went to the store to look for some baby formula and found the perfect thing for Rose.

Jason: Good thing I took the time to read that book about parenting, or else I might be screwed.

I went to the front, paid for the food, and left.

As I was walking to the snowmobile my stomach grumbled a bit, so I decided to head to Jenna's cafe and grab some breakfast. As I waited for my food, I fed Rose and then played with her for a bit.

I played with her until I noticed a strange car roll up to the cafe. This car didn't seem like it was from around here. It was armored, like it was built to take bullets. Then a  fox, a dog, a tiger, and a wolf got out and came inside. I decided not to worry and continued to play with Rose, who giggled happily as she played with my finger.

I felt so happy holding her and playing with her, it's the best feeling I've ever felt in my life. But as I played with her I thought about what would happen if my identity was revealed and they learned that she was with me. Would they try to take her from me? Would they hurt her or turn her against me? These thoughts frightened me, but I was confident they would never take her from me.