Chapter Fifteen

(Warning: This chapter talks about death. I don't think I need a warning for this, but I don't want any trouble so . . .)

(First Person Y/n POV)

I sliced at Hawkmoth's stomach to keep him away. He groaned in pain every time I did.

I meant to lightly slice him to keep him far away again, but I tripped and stabbed him clean through the stomach.

I let go of the sword. "What the fuck did I just do?" I whispered. I covered my mouth as Hawkmoth dropped to the ground, tears falling from his eyes. Tears fell from my eyes too.

Hawkmoth whispered, "Nooroo, dark wings . . . fall. . ." He looked at me. "Please . . . tell Adrien . . . that even though I don't always act like it . . ." He coughed and spit up blood. "I love him."

My tears dropped onto the ground. "I will."

Those were the last word she heard before the life left his eyes.

My gloves beeped and I de-transformed. Scar appeared and her eyes fell on Gabriel Agreste's dead figure.

"Did you . . . kill him?" Scar asked.

I nodded slowly.

That's when the elevator opened. "Y/n, the akumatisted person suddenly just became un-akumatised!" Ladybug yelled.

"I don't know what you did!" Chat Noir added. "But it worked! And the fires have been put out! There was also a lot less death than we thought, most people were just injured, but will be okay with time."

"What are you looking at?" Ladybug asked. Her cheerful demeanor fell when her eyes landed on Gabriel. "Who, why . . ."

Chat Noir gasped as he saw Gabriel's dead body. Tears escaped his eyes. "Father," he said. He de-transformed and kneeled beside Gabriel.

"Father?" Ladybug asked. "What?"

"Adrien, I'm so sorry," I whispered, setting a hand on Chat Noir shoulder. "I didn't mean to, the sword just slipped and . . . Hawkmoth died."

"Hawkmoth?! Adrien?! My favorite fashion designer is Hawkmoth and my crush is Chat Noir?! And now Gabriel Agreste is dead?!" Ladybug asked. Me and Adrien ignored her.

"You did what you had to," Adrien whispered. "I just wish you didn't have to."

Suddenly, Rena Rouge and Carapace came down the elevator.

"We saw you guys go in here-" Rena began, but cut herself off. "Why are y/n and Adrien here?" Her eyes fell upon Gabriel and she gasped. "What happened?"

Ladybug explained what she knew to her and Rena shook her head. "So Scarletta is y/n. Chat Noir is Adrien. Hawkmoth is Gabriel Agreste. This explains so much."

Ladybug de-transformed and started to explain everything about herself to Rena. Adrien didn't even notice that Ladybug just revealed her identity.

Carapace decided to make his friend feel better instead of try to understand the situation. He set a hand on Adrien's other shoulder. "Dude, I-"

"Stop," Adrien said. "I don't want your apologies. I don't want your comfort. I just want to grieve."

Nino moved towards Marinette and Rena.

I started to move to buy Adrien started talking. "I can't remember. I'm thinking do hard, and I can't remember one good time I had with my father."

I sat next to him. "I promise you, it'll be okay," I said.

And I hoped that it wasn't a lie.

__________________________________
539 words