Chapter Twelve

(First Person Y/n POV)

I re-transformed in an alley. I ran back out and started running towards Rose's house.

When I got there, I knocked on the door and Rose opened it.

"Scarletta!" Rose said. "We need to talk!"

"That's exactly why I'm here," I promised.

Rose grabbed my hand and pulled me into her house locking the door. Juleka came out of the living room.

"Why'd you say that you were me?" Rose asked.

"Because it was the first name that came to mind," I admitted.

Juleka mumbled something and Rose nodded. "Juleka's right. Does that mean you know me?"

'I guess it's the least I can do to be honest," I thought. Still, I hesitated before saying, "Yes."

"Who are you?" Juleka mumbled, just loud enough for me to hear.

"I . . . um," I hesitated again. "Y/n."

Rose's eyes went wide. "You're kidding right?"

"Scarlet, time to let go," I said. With that, I turned back into my civilian self.

Juleka's mouth fell open.

"So Chat Noir isn't a cheater," Rose mumbled to herself.

"Will you please accept my apology, Rose?" I asked.

"Of course," Rose agreed.

"Thank you," I said.

(Time skip to the next day)

I walked into the school. I walked over to my friends.

"Can you believe Rose is Scarletta?" Alya asked.

"I definitely cannot," I said. "I don't think it's true actually."

"What do you mean, dudette?" Nino asked.

"Scarletta probably just came up with a name on the spot and it just happened to be Rose's," I explained.

Alya thought about that. "I don't think so."

I sighed. That's when Rose and Juleka walked in. Everyone swarmed them.

"Hey!" I yelled, running towards the crowd. "Back up!" I pushed through the crowd and grabbed Rose's hand. I pulled her into an empty classroom with Juleka right behind. Juleka slammed the door and locked it.

"I am so, so sorry," I whispered.

"Me and Juleka came up with a plan," Rose said. "If Scarletta and I are next to each other, everyone will know that you aren't me."

"Okay," I agreed. "We can do that after school."

There was a knock on the door. "Y/n," Adrien called.

"Let him in," I said.

Juleka unlocked the door and Adrien came in. She shut it again and re-locked it.

"Did you guys come up with a plan to fix this?" Adrien asked.

"Yeah," Rose said. "We came up with a pretty simple one, but it should work."

"What is it?" Adrien asked.

Rose opened her mouth, but then closed it. She likely realized that she couldn't reveal the plan without revealing my identity, not knowing that Adrien already knew.

"Rose and I - as Scarletta - are going to stand next to each other so everyone knows that we aren't the same person," I said.

Adrien nodded. "That sounds like a good plan. Don't know how I didn't think of it."